The government of Gujarat benefits women with various beneficiary schemes such as Vahli Dikri, Mahila Vikas Award, Widow Training, Mahila Mandal and more. Now the government has started the Ganga Swarupa Yojana to benefit the widow.
The scheme has been benefiting the widows of Gujarat since 1979. The government implemented the scheme in 2019 and make some specific changes to the scheme that we will see in this scheme.
Also, we will learn more about the scheme, eligibility criteria, beneficiary amount, application form, the application process, downloading for and more
Know all step by step.
Gujarat Ganga Swarupa Yojana
The Women and Child Development (WCD) department implement the Ganga Swarupa Yojana. The department also benefits the women with schemes such as Vaheli Dikri, Mahila Swavalamban Scheme and Mahila Jagruti Shibir.
In this yojana, the government provides pensions to the women who have lost their husbands. The scheme includes lifetime aid to these widows.
Ganga Swarupa Yojana- Phase 1
The scheme was launched in 1979 with the name “Vidhwa Sahay Yojana“.
In Vidhwa Sahay Yojana, the government benefits 1000 rupees per month.
If the son of these widows had attained the age of 21 years, then the pension amount would stop.
But later in the second phase of the scheme, some steps are taken to implement the scheme in 2019.
Ganga Swarupa Yojana- Phase 2
The WCD Gujarat implemented the Vidhwa Sahay Yojana and renamed it Ganga Swarupa Yojana on the 1st April 2019 in phase 2.
The Gujrat State Government has taken essential steps in Phase-2.
- The government increased the pension from Rs 1,000 to Rs 1,250 per month.
- The government has also removed the condition of stopping the aid when the son turns 21 and now they will provide lifetime aid.
- For the Widows who want to remarriage (marriage again), the government will stop lifetime aid and provide them Rs 50000 financial aid.
- The state government increased the eligibility criteria according to the annual income resulting in the increment of beneficiaries.
The State Government had also increased the annual income eligibility requirement for rural women from Rs.47,000 to Rs.1,20,000, and for urban women from Rs.68,000 to Rs.1,50,000.
As a result, the number of beneficiaries increased from 1.64 lakh to 3.70 lakh.
Note: Do comfirm the authority that the Lifetime Aid is still continue under the scheme. As I/we collected the recent information the Ganga Swarup Yojana offers only Remarriage Financial Support to widow.
Benefits of Ganga Swarup Yojana
The scheme benefits both Rural and Urban widows of the Gujarat state. Under the scheme government provides the two kinds of benefits: 1) Lifetime Aid and 2) Remarriage aid Support.
If the widow will apply for Vidhwa Pension aka Ganga Swarup scheme, she will get the benefit of Rs 1250 per month lifetime.
And if she if apply for Ganga Swarup Remarriage Scheme, she will only get the benefit of Rs 50000 as a remarriage financial support and will lose the lifetime aid. (not sure- please ask the right authority)
Though the eligibility criteria for annual income have increased under the scheme it will be easy to apply for the scheme.
The applicant will get the first 25,000 under the scheme and the second 25,000 under NSC through Direct Beneficiary Transfer (DBT).
If a widow wants to apply for the scheme then she must follow the following eligibility criteria for it:
- The widow must be a permanent citizen of the state of Gujarat.
- The age limit for application under the scheme is 18-50.
- If she lives in a Rural then the annual income of the family should be Rs. 1,20,000.
- And If she lives in an Urban then the annual income of the family should be Rs. 1,50,000.
- The widow should not be remarriage for lifetime aid.
- Residential Document
- Annual Income Certificate
- Age Proof Documents
- Bank Details- Passbook and IFSC code
- Death Certificate of the spouse
- Certificate of registration of remarriage (under Ganga Swarup Widow Remarriage)
- A combined passport size photo of Widow and the person with him she is remarriage.
Ganga Swaroop Yojana Application Process 2022
The application process for the Ganga Swarup Yojana online then you can go with the following steps.
- First, you have to download the Ganga Swarupa Yojana Form PDF from the WCD website.
- After filling out the application form, you have to apply it on Digital Gujarat Portal.
- Though the application process through the portal is complex either you can take the help of YouTube Video or can choose an offline process.
- To apply offline for the scheme you have to go to the nearest WCD office, Mamlatdar, Talati, e-Gram Center or VCE.
- These offices or the member will fill out your form and then submit it to Digital Gujarat.
- Within a week you can get the benefit of the scheme.
Download Ganga Swaroop Application Form PDF online 2022
If you want to apply for the scheme then you must download the application form, fill out it and upload it on Digital Gujarat Portal in the Application Process.
Here is the step by step how you can download the Application Form.
- Firstly you have to go to the women and child development department’s official website.
- The official website is wcd.gujarat.gov.in. Click on it.
- Now you will jump to the homepage of the website.
- On the homepage click on the E-Citizen option.
- Now you will get a different option again, click on ACT and Application Form
- When you will click on it the APPLICATION FORM tab will open with various forms of various schemes.
- But for the Ganga Swarup Application form you can download these:
- After downloading the form you have to take a Print of it. Then you can fill in the right information asked in the form and can submit it to the nearest WCD office.