Last Friday, the Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik, authorized the Mission Shakti Scooter Yojana for the SHG federation. This scheme offers bank loans and subsidies on scooters to Rural Women Self-Help Groups (WSHG), enabling them to purchase a scooter and gain mobility to work in villages.
Mission Shakti Scooter Yojana offers full interest subvention on bank loans up to Rs. 1,00,000 for buying a scooter, making sustainable village transportation more accessible for SHGs women.
In January 2022, the Biju Janata Dal announced the Mission Shakti for improving the mobility facility of CRP-CMs by proving bank loans for scooters and on 21st July 2023 they approved the scheme.
Read the complete article below to know more about the Odisha Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme 2023.
Odisha Mission Shakti Scooter Yojana 2023
On March 8th, 2001, the Odisha government launched “Mission Shakti” to empower women in rural areas and improve their livelihoods. Under this program, government provide benefits through different schemes such as Financial Support To Women Self Help Group, Seed money, Revolving Fund, Mission Shakti Loan etc.
Mission Shakti SHGs receive support from the Federation ecosystem, which provides training, financial inclusion, livelihood promotion, and market linkage in rural areas.
Mission Shakti has been benefiting the SHG Federation Members and Staff in fulfilling their responsibilities. They have transformed the lives of 70 lakh rural women who are now the government’s most devoted voter base.
Therefore State Government recently launched the new Mission Shakti Scooter Yojana to offer interest-free loans for scooters up to Rs. 1,00,000 to empower SHGs Leaders and CSS. With the intention that it will help with their mobility and encourage them to fulfil their responsibilities and improve rural livelihood.
According to experts, the BJD introduced a scheme to gain benefits in the Odisha Election of 2024. Because the SHGs federation will improve the quality in rural which results in a women voter base.
Objectives Of The Mission Shakti Scooter Yojana
This new Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme aims to provide Mission Shakti Federation Leaders and CSS with affordable access to two-wheelers. By doing so, it will improve their ability to fulfil their responsibilities effectively, increase efficiency, and extend their reach within the community.
There are approximately 75,000 individuals who make up the Community Support Staff (CSS).
This group includes roles like Community Resource Person, Master Book Keeper, Prani Mitra, Krushi Mitra, Bank Mitra, Livelihood Support Person, Udyog Mitra, and Business Correspondent Agents.
The new scheme will benefit almost 125,000 Federation Leaders, including Executive Members and Office Bearers of the GP/Ward Level Federation, Block Level Federation (BLF)/City Level Federation, and District Level Federation (DLF).
Key Highlights Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme
|Scheme Name||Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme|
|Launched By||CM Naveen Patnaik|
|Objective||Provide mobility support to SHGs federation and CSS|
|Benefits||Interest-free loan up to Rs 1,00,000|
|Beneficiaries||Interest-free loans up to Rs 1,00,000|
Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme Features and Benefits
- In 2001, Odisha launched “Mission Shakti” to empower rural women with benefits like financial support, seed money, revolving fund, and loans.
- The federation ecosystem supports Mission Shakti SHGs with training, finance, livelihood, and market linkage in rural areas.
- Mission Shakti has been benefiting the SHG Federation Members and Staff in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- They have transformed the lives of 70 lakh rural women who are now the government’s most devoted voter base.
- Therefore State Government recently launched the new Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme to offer interest-free loans for scooters up to Rs.
- Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme offers affordable two-wheelers for Mission Shakti Federation Leaders and CSS. The scheme is providing 1 Lakh to support SHG leaders and CSS to improve rural livelihood and mobility.
- By doing so, it will improve their ability to fulfil their responsibilities effectively, increase efficiency, and extend their reach within the community.
- There are approximately 75,000 individuals who make up the Community Support Staff (CSS).
- This group includes diverse roles like Community Resource Person, Master Book Keeper, Prani Mitra, and more.
- 125,000 Federation Leaders can use the new program, including GP/Ward Level, BLF/City Level, and DLF members.
Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme Eligibility
To be eligible for the Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme, you must:
- Belong to the Community Support Staff (CSS) category, which comprises approximately 75,000 individuals with diverse roles such as:
- Community Resource Person
- Master Book Keeper
- Prani Mitra
- and other relevant positions.
- Be a part of the CSS with one of the specified roles to qualify for the program.
- Alternatively, you can also be eligible if you are one of the 125,000 Federation Leaders, which includes individuals from various levels:
- GP/Ward Level Leaders
- BLF/City Level Leaders
- DLF Members (District Level Federation)
- Ensure that you fall under the Federation Leaders category to participate in the scheme.
Application Process For Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme
There is no official announcement about the Mission Shakti Scooter Scheme therefore we are unable to provide the process. But the scheme notification can be announced on @missionshakti.odisha.gov.in.
Therefore who is a member of the SHG federation and CSS keep your eye on this website and bookmark our website for future updates about the scheme.