If you are searching for Kalia Yojana 2023 Update such as Kalia Yojana New List, Kalia Yojana Next Installment Date, or How to apply for it, etc then you are at the right place.
We have summarised each detail in this post. If you want to see each, you can click on the below link and get full detailed information:
- Kalia Yojana Next Installment Date
- Kalia Yojana eKYC so that farmers don’t miss their installment amount
- Kalia Yojana Status Check Or Tocken Track
What Is Odisha Kalia Yojana 2023
The Odisha government launched this scheme Kalia- “Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation” to accelerate agricultural prosperity and reduce poverty in the state.
This plan is both progressive and inclusive.
It includes 92 percent of cultivators, both loanee and non-loanee farmers, sharecroppers (actual cultivators), and landless agricultural laborers.
It also takes special care of vulnerable agricultural families identified through Gram Panchayats and offers crop loans at 0% interest.
From the name itself we can get the following information;
Krushak Assistance: support to cultivators for cultivation
Under this component, small and marginal farmers will receive cultivation assistance in the form of a grant of Rs. 5000/- per farm family per season for the purchase of inputs such as;
- and other investments
in field operations based on the farmers’ crop season preferences.
Livelihood Augmentation: support for landless agricultural household
Livestock and fishery-based activities are the primary drivers of economic growth in rural areas, particularly for landless households, where wage labor income is insufficient.
The agricultural joined sector is extremely important in promoting activities as additional activities in rural areas, which contribute significantly to their income and overall well-being.
- poultry farming
- mushroom cultivation
- and fishery
This, among other things, will benefit Odisha state’s Scheduled Castes(SC) and Scheduled Tribes(ST) population. The activities are as follows for instance:
- Small goat-rearing operations
- Miniature layer units
- Bird units with dual-purpose Low Input Technology
- Units of duckery Fisherman’s equipment
- Mushroom farming and beekeeping
- Sheds will be built in convergence as needed.
Income Augmentation: Financial assistance to vulnerable agricultural household
While cultivation support has been proposed for small and marginal farmers, as well as livelihood support for landless agricultural laborers, some farmers may be unable to engage in cultivation, and some landless agricultural laborers may be unable to access livelihood options due to old age, disability, disease, or any other reason.
As a result, it is proposed that for such vulnerable cultivators / landless agricultural laborers, a lump sum financial assistance of Rs.10,000/- per family be provided to meet their basic needs.
Gram Panchayats will identify and select deserving families. It is expected to cover tens of thousands of such beneficiaries over the next two years.
Budget For Implementing The Kalia Yojana Yojana
The government is executing the Kalia Yojana List for the benefit of farmers, as you may be aware-Read the Full Information below.
Farmers receive financial support through this program.
On 28th March 2022, the state cabinet approved Rs 5933 crore for the implementation of an income support scheme for 3 years from 2021-22 to 2023-24.
51 lakh farmers including 14 lakh landless agriculture laborers will be covered under this scheme.
This amount has been approved for three more years (3+ years 2022-2025 ) of the successful implementation of this scheme.
The income of farmers will be increased with the implementation of this scheme.
Since the inception of this Kalia Yojana List 2023, the government has disbursed Rs 6000 crore into the bank account of farmers.
Key Features Of the Odisha Kalia Yojana Scheme
DBT-Direct Benefit Transfer Mode
The experience of Direct Transfer of subsidies to Beneficiaries– DBT accounts was examined. It was determined that this would result in funds being made available to farmers immediately.
It ensures that the funds are distributed to the intended recipients while giving farmers the freedom to spend the money however they see fit.
Because the process is no longer limited to those who have taken out loans, a greater number of families can benefit from it.
This will be more progressive because it will cover landless farmers as well as farmers who do not have access to banks (for example, sharecroppers).
In this context, the following scheme, KALIA, is developed with various components.
0% Interest For Crop Loan
It is proposed that the interest rate on crop loans up to Rs. 50,000 be reduced from 1% to 0% beginning in 2019-20, making them interest-free.
Because approximately Rs. 11,000 crores of crop loans in this category are granted each year, the annual cost of interest subsidies is predicted to be Rs. 110 crores.
LIC for cultivators and landless agricultural laborers
The farmer’s life is fraught with the possibility of death and disability. Insurance coverage will alleviate these concerns while also providing financial assistance to their families.
The main goal is to provide financial relief and security to the deceased’s family members and dependents in the event of those uncertainties.
Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) provides pure life insurance coverage of Rs.2,00,000/- for a very low annual premium of Rs. 330/- to all savings bank account holders between the ages of 18 and 50.
The farmer’s share of the annual premium of RS.165/- will be borne by the Odisha government. The Government of Odisha will pay the entire premium of Rs. 12/- for people aged 51 to 70.
What are the eligibility criteria for Kalia Yojana 2023
The eligibility of the Kalia Scheme is following.
Farmers who are small or marginal:
- A small farmer is a cultivator who owns between one and two hectares (2.5 and 5 acres) of agricultural land.
- A marginal farmer is defined as someone who owns less than one hectare of agricultural land.
Agricultural households without land:
- A landless agricultural household does not own any land and has been engaged in agricultural activities for at least six months, excluding other activities such as construction.
and Agricultural households at risk:
- Vulnerable(at-risk) agricultural household includes vulnerable cultivators who are vulnerable due to old age, disease, disability, or other factors.
Sharecroppers and landless agricultural laborers.
Farmers must be permanent residents of Odisha or have a domicile in the state.
Kalia Yojana Installment & Money Transfer 2023
Kalia Yojana gives Rs 4000 per year in two equal installments or money transfers of Rs 2000-2000 each Rabi and Kharif season.
Also, PM Kisan, a central government scheme provides Rs 6000 every year in 3 equal installments.
As a result, both Odisha’s SMF farmers receive Rs 10,000 in financial assistance each year.
|Phases||Season||Installment Months||Installment Amount|
|First Phase||Rabi Crops Season||Between January and June||Rs 2000|
|Second Phase||Kharif Crops Season||Between July and December||Rs 2000|
On April 1, 2023, the Odisha government released the 8th installment of the Kalia Yojana. As a result, the government is transferring Rs 2000 to farmers’ bank accounts via DBT.
Many farmers are now curious about the Kalia Yojana Next Installment Date, which is the scheme’s 9th installment.
According to Kalia Yojana norms, the government provides each installment during the Rabi and Kharif seasons.
Because of this, the government released the eighth installment on April 1, 2023, which is Rabi Season.
As a result, the government will now disburse the 9th installment in Kharif Season between July 2023 and December 2023.
How To Apply For Kalia Yojana 2023
- Farmers can apply for the KALIA scheme by filling out the application form available at the Gram Panchayat office and submitting it at the Gram Panchayat office level.
- Here you get a Kalia ID for future preferences and other work.
- The Gram Panchayat level nodal officers will review the list of applicants with GPLC before submitting it to the District Level Committee for approval.
- A preliminary list of KALIA scheme beneficiaries will make available at each Primary Agriculture Credit Society (PACS) and Gram Panchayat level.
- Applicants(Farmers) can verify the scheme beneficiary list at the following
- Grama Panchayat
- or the official KALIA scheme website.
In addition, Beneficiaries of the KALIA scheme can update their KYC documents on the official KALIA scheme website.
Farmers will receive financial assistance through the KALIA scheme via Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) directly to their bank accounts, allowing them to receive assistance on time.
How To Apply Online For Kalia Yojana in 2023 (New Farmer Registration)
If you have already registered for PM-KISAN, you can apply or upload documents for Kalia Yojana online.
Therefore before applying online for Kalia Yojana make sure you have registered for pm Kisan. Here is the procedure for how you can apply online for Kalia Scheme.
- Firstly, visit the official website of the Kalia Scheme.
- On the homepage, click on Upload Documents For Self-Registered Farmers (PM-KISAN)
- Here you have to type your 12 digits Aadhaar Number accurately.
- And then click on the Show button.
- After verifying you as PM-KISAN registered farmer, a page will open where you have to upload the asked documents in it.
Almost all landless agricultural households and farmers in Odisha have benefited from the Kalia scheme.
How To Check Kalia Yojana New Beneficiaries List 2023
If you have applied the application for Kalia Yojana at your Gram Panchayat Office you can check your name in the list online on Kalia Portal-kalia.odisha.gov.in
Check Kalia Yojana Beneficiary List 2022 [Download PDF]
- Firstly, go to the official website of scheme kalia.odisha.gov.in.
- On the homepage, you will see a lot of information
- but you have to click on Beneficiary List on top.
- After clicking on it, you have to fill in some information such as;
- District Name
- Block/ULB(Urban Local Bodies)
- G.P.(Gram Panchayat)
- Now click on the View button.
- A Kalia Yojana List in PDF format will come.
- Lastly, click on it, and the download will complete soon.
- You can search your name by
- Kalia ID (provided by GP)
- Village Name
- Beneficiary Name
- Father/Husband Name
How To Complete Kalia Yojana e-KYC
If you have completed the Application Process at your Gram Panchayat.
But if want to update your information then you can easily update it online via e-KYC.
- Firstly, go to the official website of the Kalia Scheme.
- On the homepage, at the top click on Complete e-KYC.
- A new page will open. Here read the information carefully and submit your Adhar Card.
- After this, you will jump to the Update Document page where you have to upload all necessary documents.
Difference Between Kalia and Balaram Yojana
Both Kalia and Balaram Yojana are working on providing crop loans to small and marginal farmers, sharecroppers, and landless farmers.
Kalia Scheme came in the year 2018-19 while Balaram Yojana was recently launched during the covid-19 pandemic situation in 2020.
Here are some verticles for the schemes;
|Kalia Yojana||Balaram Yojana|
|Working from 2018||Working 2020 and in the implementation process of online|
|Provide loans for individual sharecroppers and landless farmers’ households||Provide loans with each JLG per two year|
|It provides both loans and financial assistance with LIC.||It only provides a group loan.|
|The scheme has an online portal for transparency. You can get the beneficiary list.||It is in the process of an online portal for transparency of the scheme for citizens.|
According to the 2011 Census, approximately 83.3 percent of Odisha’s population lives in rural areas.
Most of Odisha’s rural workforce engages in agriculture and related activities, and the agriculture sector remains the primary source of income for a large portion of the state’s population.
In conclusion, data shows how important it is to improve the livelihood of farmers and help them to grow more crops.
Both schemes are providing valuable incentives such as financial support and loans.
If we have mistaken any info please do feedback.