Arogya Lakshmi Scheme 2023: The Government of Telangana state is providing health assistance to pregnant and lactating women through Arogya Lakshmi Scheme.
The government is strengthening the women and children in the state by providing Malnutritional meals.
Children below the age of 6 and all pregnant and lactating women will get milk, eggs, rice and other nutritious meals from the nearest Anganwadi.
If you are a woman who belongs to Telangana state or know any citizen who is eligible for this scheme then you should read this informative article and send it to beneficiaries.
We will describe complete information regarding this scheme. So it will easy for you to avail this scheme.
Read this article till the end to get an insight into Arogya Lakshmi Scheme.
What Is Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
This is a state-sponsored scheme to provide healthy meals for women and children. The Telangana government started this scheme with a pilot project in 2013.
They have implemented this 100% in all over the state from 1 January 2015 to watch its good impact. All registered women are getting 1 egg per day, 200 ml milk per day and receiving Dal, leafy vegetables, rice and other nutritious food for at least 25 days in one month.
These meals are providing up to 40% to 45% energy which is required for a lactating and pregnant woman.
There is also an arrangement for children also. We are providing complete information about meals below.
Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
|Name Of The Scheme||Arogya Lakshmi Scheme|
|Launched By||Government Of Telangana|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of Telangana|
|Objective||To Prevent Malnutrition Among Pregnant And Lactating Women|
|Mode Of Application||Online/Offline|
Objectives of the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
- The percentage of Low weight birth babies and anaemia in pregnant women were at very high rates in the state.
- The government announced this scheme to reduce this problematic situation.
- The government wants to provide all the necessary nutrients which are important for pregnant women as well as lactating women.
- To ensure regular health checkups of beneficiaries’ women. Anganwadi centres will arrange health camps also for women.
- Iron & Folic Acid tablets are distributed in these institutions to targeted women in the area. It will strengthen the health of women.
- Reduction of Mortality of children below the age of 6 due to malnutrition. It will also reduce the mortality of mothers at the time of birth.
- Collect data on all the pregnant women through Anganwadi.
- The government will use this data to make new schemes for targeted people.
Benefits of the Scheme
We are listing all the benefits of this scheme including meal details in the section below. You can easily review the benefits in bullet points.
- All pregnant and lactating women will get various food items which are necessary for them.
- Children from 0 to 6 years will also get food items such as milk, eggs etc.
- The government will also provide health checkup facilities for their targeted women in the nearest Anganwadi centres AWCs.
- All the beneficiaries will get 200 ml of milk for 25 days in every month. For the remaining 5 days, they will get curd along with rice and dal.
- Beneficiaries will also receive one egg per day in this scheme.
- The local Anganwadi committee will also provide various green vegetables, rice, dal and other nutritious food to the targeted citizens.
- Women will also get Iron and Folic acid ( IFA) tablet
- Anganwadi workers will measure the weight of the women and the child in each month and record it.
- They will also prepare a growth record of the beneficiary and showcase it to their seniors.
Food Items In Scheme
We are providing you with a list of food items which will be provided in this scheme to the beneficiaries. This list can be modified according to the local conditions of the area.
|Day||Item 1||Item 2||Item 3||Item 4||Item 5|
|Day1||Rice||Sambar with vegetables||NA||Egg Curry||Milk (200ml)|
|Day 2||Rice||Dal||Green Leafy Vegetable Curry||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
|Day 3||Rice||Dal with Leafy vegetables||Egg Curry||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
|Day 4||Rice||Sambar with vegetables||100 Ml Curd||Egg Curry||Milk (200ml)|
|Day 5||Rice||Dal||Green Leafy Vegetable Curry||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
|Day 6||Rice||Dal with Leafy vegetables||100 Ml Curd||Egg||Milk (200ml)|
How To Apply For Arohya Lakshmi Scheme 2023
Pregnant and lactating women can apply for this scheme. The application procedure is offline. You can enroll yourself through these simple steps:
- Visit the nearest Anganwadi Centre of Telangana state and contact Anganwadi Worker.
- She will provide you with an offline application form and ask you to fill.
- Fill in your personal details in the application form such as name, and contact details.
- Attach all the important documents with the form and submit them to the AWWs.
- The worker will verify your candidature and enter your data in her records.
- Records will be sent to the related office where employees also verify the details.
- After completion of all the documentation, they will allow your candidature for providing benefits under the scheme.
All the Anganwadi Workers also have instructions to collect the data of their area. So, they can also contact you in your home accordingly, to enter your name in the beneficiary list.
Helpline Details of Arogya Lakshmi
You can contact your nearest Anganwadi Worker for any query. If you are not receiving proper services as mentioned above or having any other issue then you can contact the Helpline.
We are providing you with the Contact details of the Arogya Lakshmi Yojana below.
Contact Number: 040-23733665
Email: [email protected]
Office Address: H.NO.8-3-222, Vengalrao Nagar, Ameerpet, Hyderabad.
FAQs of Arogya Lakshmi
It is Telangana state-sponsored scheme for pregnant and lactating women in the state. It will provide healthy meals for beneficiaries to strengthen women.
You can visit the nearest Anganwadi Centre and meet with AWWs. they will provide you with an offline form. You have to fill it out and submit it with documents.
Beneficiaries will get 200ml milk for 25 days per month, with vegetables, dal, rice, and 1 egg per day. They will also get Iron & Folic Acid IFA tablets. Monthly health checkups will also be provided.