The National Database of Unrecognised Workers is also known as NDUW. The Ministry of Labour and Employment department started this initiative last year. People can apply online for an NDUW Card.
NDUW card is famous in India as e Shram Card.
This is a centre-sponsored scheme where all unrecognized workers can apply online.
In today’s article, we will discuss with you the NDUW portal and its usage of this portal. We will also discuss the registration procedure of e Shram in this article.
What Is NDUW Portal
The Ministry of Labour and empowerment department, GOI, has started this initiative. They are planning to prepare a database of Indian workers.
The National Database of Unrecognised Workers (NDUW) will collect different data on various workers in India.
The ministry has launched E Shram Portal to implement this scheme. E Shram card is linked with the Aadhar card of workers.
It will collect the formation of occupation, Type of occupation, educational background of the worker, Family details of the worker, specific skills of the worker and other details which are related to employment.
The government will use this database to make new future policies for labour and unrecognized workers.
The objective of the NDUW (eShram) Portal
We are listing the objectives of the national database of unrecognized workers in the following Bullet points. These will help you to understand this initiative easily.
- The government is preparing the database of all unrecognized workers in India through this portal to provide future schemes.
- The ministry will share this database with all the Ministries which are related to workers and Labour and their welfare. All states and centres can collect data from this scheme to provide their specific service to their specific worker category.
- This database will also help aap to prepare future policies for construction workers, unrecognized workers, farmers and other workers.
- Link the Aadhar card of unrecognized workers with the government to collect their employment status and provide them employment accordingly.
- Prepare a database for tackling National crises such as recently covid-19.
- The government will provide social and economic assistance to their targeted workers especially construction workers and migrant workers.
NDUW Card Self Registration 2023
You can apply for an e-Shram / NDUW card Online by visiting on the official website of e-Shram.
In this section, we will provide you with the information and steps to register yourself under NDUW.
This service is available only online. you can also apply for e shram card by yourself or you can visit your nearest CSC to apply for this scheme.
But first, we will discuss the eligibility criteria and essential documents to apply for an eShram Card online
Eligibility Criteria For Applying for An NDUW Card
- Any person who belongs to India can apply for an eShram Card
- The age of applicant should be between 16 to 59 years
- If the applicant is getting provident fund PF from EPFO/ESIC or NPS, Then they cannot apply for this scheme.
- All the unrecognized sector workers can apply for an eSharm Card
Documents For Applying For NDUW Card
- Aadhar card of the applicant
- Bank passbook of the applicant
- Mobile number of the applicant.
- The mobile number should be linked with your Aadhar card.
- Educational certificates of the applicant ( if available
- Working details and experience of the applicant
- Skills of the applicant
How To Apply For NDUW Card (UAN eShram Card) In 2023 @eshram.gov.in
The application procedure for the eShram card is online. Follow these steps by step procedures to apply for NDUW/eShram.
Step1: Complete Registration
- Visit the official website of eShram. https://eshram.gov.in/
- Here you can see a link to registering on eShram. Click on this link
- You will reach a new dashboard. you can see the above screenshot as well.
- Enter your mobile number which is registered with your Aadhar card.
- Now enter the captcha code.
- After that, you have to click on the NO option In the above-mentioned screenshot.
- You can ask for OTP by clicking on the link to send OTP.
- The system will generate One Time Password for your registered mobile number. enter the OTP on the screen.
Step2: Validate Your Aadhar card
- You have to enter your Aadhar card number on the screen after submitting the OTP.
- Now you have to validate your Aadhar Card by receiving an OTP message on your Aadhaar-linked mobile number.
- If your mobile number is not registered with your Aadhar card, then you can also very late your candidature by authenticating your fingerprint or IRIS. (These types of equipment are available at your nearest CSC centre.)
- In the end, you can submit your request.
Here you can see your all information will automatically update on the website through your Aadhar card.
Step3: Complete Your Personal information
In this section, you have to fill in the following information on the screen
- Your emergency number.
- email ID.
- marital status
- Enter your father’s name
- and Social category
- Your blood group
Please note The information which is coloured with a red colour star (*) is essential. You can skip optional details, but Star details are essential.
Fill in all the information which is related to your address. Including your house number, flat number, locality, district, state and pin code.
2. Educational status
If you are an educated person then you can select your education status. Don’t worry, if you are uneducated, then you can select an uneducated person. If you want, you can upload your educational certificate. but it is not necessary.
3. Income information
Select your income group category. It will available on the screen. You have to select any one income group. If you want you can upload your income certificate. but It is also not necessary.
4. Select occupation and skills
You can select your occupation in this section. The PDF version of all the occupations will appear on the screen. You have to Enter the code of your occupation from the PDF.
5. Bank Account Details
Enter the following details in this section:
- The name of your bank
- bank account number
- IFSC code of the bank
- name of the account holder
6. Review Your Application Form
Your all details will be available in this single form. If you find any deficiency in this form. Then you can click on the edit button to correct your details.
There is no deficiency click on the submit button.
Step3: Download eShram Card
Once you submit your application, the system will redirect you to a new page.
For the hair, you can see your UID of eSharm.
Click on the download button to download this card on your device. You can take a printout of this card for further procedures.
NDUW CSC Login
Citizens can register themselves on this portal from their devices. But there are many citizens who do not feel comfortable to apply through online mode.
In order to provide convenience to such people and to take this NDUW card to the village level, an agreement has been made by the government and the customer service centers CSC.
Citizens can easily apply online for this card from the Customer Service Center.
CSC operators can follow the following method to generate e Shram card:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Customer Service Center.
- Then log in by using your User ID and Password
- Search e Shram card in the list of govt. Services
- After this, the whole process is the same as mentioned above
For the convenience of the customers, you can also use biometrics for Aadhaar card verification.
FAQs NDUW Card
NDUW is a short form for the National Database of Unrecognised Workers. It is also famous in India as the eShram Card.
The government will collect various databases of various unrecognized workers and provide them with financial and other assistance accordingly.
This card is also helpful for citizens to avail various of schemes of centre and state Government in future.
Definition of unrecognized worker: According to the official portal of eShram “any worker who is a home based-worker, self-employed worker or a wage worker in the unorganized sector including a worker in the organized sector who is not a member of ESIC or EPFO or not a Govt. employee is called an Unorganised Worker.”