Are you searching for the latest government scheme Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana 2023? Then you are at the right place.
Here is today’s post, we have gathered the information and created this helpful guide about this Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme of GoI.
In this guide, we will walk you through the following information (You can skip to registration)
- About the scheme: Objectives, Benefits, Implementation
- Solar Rooftop: Price list, service, warranty, or guarantee, near agency list
- Apply for the scheme: Eligibility criteria, required documents
Please read the completed guide so that you can prevent misinformation and mistakes in the online/offline application process.
MNRE Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana 2023
India is 3rd most attractive for Renewable Energy investments and deployments
By its Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), India pledged to reach a share of 40% of its installed capacity for non-fossil fuel sources of electricity by 2030.
One of the key sources for achieving the goal of 40% non-fossil fuel electric generation is solar energy.
By the year 2022, the Indian government hopes to have 100 GW of solar power capacity in the nation, of which 40 GW will come from rooftop solar (RTS).
To make this target real, the government has launched various subsidy schemes.
The central government has launched the KUSUM Yojana for farmers and the Solar Rooftop Yojana for residents.
Solar Rooftop Yojana is a flagship scheme of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), India.
Under the scheme, the government will provide subsidies for buying solar rooftops for your house so that you can help in saving energy.
PM Narendra Modi launched the National Portal (@solarrooftop.gov.in) for Solar Rooftop Yojana on 30 July 2022 so that citizens can apply for subsidies online.
The National Portal solarrooftop.gov.in makes it easy to trace the entire procedure from the registration of an application to the release of funding for the installation of a rooftop solar system by a single family or by a group housing society/residential welfare association.
Objective Of Solar Rooftop Yojana
The main objective of the Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana is to provide the facility of solar panels affordable and subsidize that generate electricity using solar energy so that citizens can be encouraged to use Renewable Energy.
With this purpose, the government can get its target of 40% share in no-fossil fuel for the world.
A connected Rooftop Solar PV System is used to generate electricity for you when you install it on your roof. Here is how SPV works
In a rooftop or small solar photovoltaic (SPV) system that is connected to the grid, the DC power produced by the solar panels is converted to AC power by a power conditioning unit or inverter and sent to the grid.
Benefits Of Solar Rooftop Yojana
The scheme helps both consumers and the government. Read list:
Benefits for government
- Transmission and distribution (T&D) lines are not needed anymore.
- As power generation and consumption are combined, T&D losses are reduced.
- Long-term energy and environmental security through carbon emission reduction.
- Improved DISCOM/utility handling of daytime peak loads.
- Fulfillment of the Renewable Purchase Obligations (RPOs) of the Obligated Entities.
- It will help the government to target renewable energy.
Benefits for consumer
- It will provide you with relief from the electricity bill.
- using the available empty roof space; no need for additional land.
- Solar panels at affordable prices and with government subsidy.
- Easy to apply.
- Even if you are living on Rent, you can apply.
Solar Rooftop Yojana Latest Update
Since the launch of the Portal more than 79,000 residential consumers have registered on the portal and more than 31000, consumers have applied for the installation of rooftop solar in the residential sector.
It has been observed that against these more than 31000 applications were received on the National Portal, but technical feasibility approval has been given to only around 6500 consumers.
It has been observed that contrary to the provision in the Rules of providing technical feasibility within 20 days, some Distribution Licensees are yet to initiate the technical feasibility approval process and the applications received on the National Portal are pending for more than 2-3 months.
Such delays are not only de-motivating the consumers willing to contribute to the national goal of achieving 500 GW capacity in India from non-fossil sources by 2030 but are also contrary to the provisions of the Electricity (Right of Consumers) Rules, 2020.
Now the government will encourage customers by adding tenders and agencies under the scheme.
After this, you can install Solar Rooftop via these tender/vendors and agencies, they will provide you with service.
Solar Rooftop Yojana 40% Subsidy
A subsidy of up to 40% is provided under this program for solar panel installation.
- The central government will provide a subsidy of up to 40% if you install solar rooftop panels with a capacity of up to 3 kW.
- On the other hand, you will receive a 20% discount if you install solar panels up to 10 kW.
How much does installing solar panels cost? This is best understood with an example.
- The cost of putting 2 kW of solar panels on the roof is approximately Rs 1.20 lakh.
- If a 40 percent subsidy is available, the price will drop to 72,000 rupees.
- The Central Government will provide you with a subsidy of Rs 48,000.
By the advisory of MNRE: After deducting the subsidy from the L1 project cost that the DISCOMs determined, you just have to pay the remaining balance. (Understand from the above example)
Eligibility Criteria For Solar Rooftop
The eligibility for applying for the Rooftop Scheme depends on different criteria: Geography, building type, connection, space for installation and structure of the roof, etc.
- If you are the owner of a house, you can apply for the scheme. And you are called a Residental Consumer.
- Group Housing Society can also apply for rooftops.
- If you living in rent, you are also eligible with permission of the owner and a valid document.
- Your rooftop should be shadow-free: 1kW requires 10 square meters of the shadow-free rooftop.
- Price and installation criteria may vary by state.
Price List Of Solar Rooftop Yojana 2023 (for 1kW RTS)
The price of a solar rooftop system (RTS) may vary with the DISCOM of the state, Agency, and Vendor. Here below we have described the complete list of prices according to the scheme and DISCOM of the state:
I am creating a list for the residential house so that the capacity of RTS will be 1kW and 2kW. And average electricity cost is Rs. 8 per kW/h
|State/Union Territories||1kW RTS Benchmark Price (in Rs)||1kW RTS Price After 40% Subsidy Deduction (in Rs)|
|Jammu & Kashmir||51,616||30,970|
|NCT of Delhi||46,923||28,154|
|The Dadara & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu||46,923||28,154|
You can also check according to your preference. Even you can check the EMI for solar rooftop systems online.
For this, you can use the Solar Rooftop Yojana Calculator.
Solar Rooftop Yojana Calculator 2023
If you want to know the price of solar rooftop system in your state and the EMI for the price, you can check using an online calculator:
- Firstly, go to the official website of Solar Rooftop Yojana Calculator.
- On the homepage, you can see a calculator with three different options such as:
- Solar Panel Capacity you want to install, your budget
- State and Consumer Category
- Here in below, I have selected the Gujarat state as an example. So I have chosen the options according to that.
- Now you have to click on Calculate.
- As you will click on it, you will get the result:
Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana Portal 2023
- National Portal for Rooftop Solar was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 30/07/2022.
- Dignitaries present Shri R. K. Singh (Union Minister for Power and NRE), Shri Krishan Pal Gurjar (Mos, Power and Heavy Industries), and Shri Bhagwanth Khuba (MoS, MNRE – joined virtually).
- Total Registrations: 295,591
- Total Hits: 10,437,720
- Total Applications: 98,477
- Total Visitors: 2,065,499
|Event||National Portal for Rooftop Solar Launch|
How Can I Apply For Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana 2023 @solarrooftop.gov.in
If you want to get the benefit of the subsidy under the scheme then you must have to apply either online at @solarrooftop.gov.in or by visiting the State DISCOM and Agencies.
Before going on application make sure you have the following necessary documents:
- Mobile Number, Email ID
- Consumer Number (You can see it on your electric bill: 13 digits)
- Scanned Copy of latest electric bill (pdf or jpg)
- Bank Account Number
- Check Book
Here are steps on how you can successfully apply for the scheme and get the subsidy amount on your bank easily:
Step1: Visit @solarrooftop.gov.in and register
- Firstly go to the official website of the scheme @solarrooftop.gov.in
- On the homepage, click on Register.
- Now a Registration Tab will open.
- On this tab, you have to provide the following information:
- Distribution Company
- Consumer Number
- Now, click on the Next button
Step2: Verify yourself via OTP
- Now you have to provide your Mobile Number and Email ID.
- After that click on Send OTP
- You will receive an OTP, enter and verify.
Step3: Apply For Rooftop Solar Installation
- After verifying, you will proceed with the Rooftop Solar Installation process.
- On this application form, you have to provide the following information:
- Discom Detail
- Name of Discom
- Sanction Load (Which capacity of Rooftop System do you want to install)
- Type of connection
- Solar Rooftop and Net Meter Details
- Solar plant Capacity
- Phase of plant
- Details Of Applicant
- Rooftop Area
- Discom Detail
- After this, your application will be submitted.
- Now your all application work is successfully done. The rest of the process will be done by the respective official person of DISCOM
Step4: DISOM will install Plant and Net Meter
- Now DISCOM will visit your address within a week.
- They will Install Net Meter, and RTS and inspect the work.
- After that, they will generate a “Commissioning Certificate” from the portal.
- You will soon get this certificate.
Step5: Submit Bank Details and Upload A Canceled Check
- Once you get the Commission Certificate from DISCOM, you have to submit your bank details and upload a cancelled check.
- For this, you have to again visit the official website @solarrooftop.gov.in and log in using your mobile number.
- You will enter your Dashboard.
- On this, you have to verify your Commissioning Certificate first and then provide the bank details and upload the cancelled check.
- Finally, you will receive your subsidy amount in your bank account within 30 days.
List Of Solar Rooftop Yojana Agency/Discom
Some states may not valid online applications. So you have to contact or find vendors in your city/village.
Here is a list of links that you can get online on the official portal:
- First, visit the official website.
- On the homepage, click on DISCOM Information> Portal Links Of DISCOMs
- Now you can get the list of links to the official DISCOM portal and contact details.
- You can visit your state DISCOM portal.
- Visit and apply.