The Rajasthan government is offering Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence 2023 to 500 students who can get an abroad degree for free. The tuition fee will be paid by the government.
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship: The scholarship covers various fields of study such as Post Doc, Ph.D., PG (Postgraduate), and UG (Undergraduate) in different courses from 150 abroad colleges.
If you are a 12th pass, undergraduate, or graduate student then you must apply for this scheme. Below you can read the complete information regarding it such as Eligibility, Income category, documents, last date, application process, etc.
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship For Academic Excellence 2023
The rajasthan government has been offering scholarships under this program since 2021. Every year government provides scholarships more than hundreds of students.
This year the government announced the latest guideline about this scholarship on 8th June 2023. According to it, the government will provide 500 scholarships for those students who want to study abroad.
The scholarship covers various fields of study at the undergraduate level, including Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, and Architecture.
For these courses, the university offering admission should be ranked within the top 1-150 in the overall QS World University Rankings.
The scheme allows students to pursue different levels of education, such as Post Doc, Ph.D., PG (Postgraduate), and UG (Undergraduate).
The scholarship program categorizes applicants based on their gross family income into three categories: E1 (less than 8 Lacs/annum), E2 (8-25 Lacs/annum), and E3 (greater than 25 Lacs/annum).
Students can apply till 15th January 2024 in different phases. There will be four evaluation phases for selection (30th June-2023, 21st July-2023, 15th November-2023 & 15th January-2024)
Short Details of Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence
|Scholarship Name||Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship For Academic Excellence|
|Started By||College Education Department, Government of Rajasthan|
|Benefits||Chance to study abroad for free|
|College||150 According to QS ranking|
|Course||Post Doc, Ph.D., PG (Postgraduate), and UG (Undergraduate)|
|Application Start||9th June 2023|
|Application Last Date||15th January 2024|
|Evaluation Phase||4 phase application|
Different Financial Assistance Under Scheme
Tuition fee, bench fee, and living expenses will be payable as follows:
|Income Category||Annual Assistance|
|E1: Family gross annual income less than 8 Lakh||>Tuition Fees and Bench fee: Max 50 lakh|
>Living Expenses: 12 Lakh Rupees
> One-time advance of 3 Lakh to students who will start their course after application on the portal (adjusted against living expenses)
|E2: Family gross annual income 8 – 25 Lakh||>Tuition Fees and Bench fee: Max 50 lakh|
>Living Expenses – 6 Lakh Rupees
|E3: Family gross annual income above 25 Lakh||>Tuition Fees and Bench fee: Max 50 lakh|
>No Living Expenses
Eligibility Criteria For Scholarship
- Students of Rajasthan State domicile.
- Less than 35 years as of 1st July of the financial year.
- You are class 12 passed, undergraduate or graduate
- Offer letter from one of the top 1-150 Universities (QS World Ranking University)
- Income categories: E1 (less than 8 Lacs/annum), E2 (8-25 Lacs/annum), and E3 (greater than 25 Lacs/annum)
Required Documents For RGS Scholarship
- Jan Aadhar Number
- Offer letter of the applicable foreign university
- Bonafide/ Domicile certificate
- Gross family Income certificate (authenticated by the executive magistrate and witnessed by two gazetted officers)
- ITRs (As applicable for the Financial year 2022-23, for applications in the financial year 2023-24)
- Affidavit for not filing ITR (given format)
- 10th mark sheet
- Qualifying Degree, Mark sheet/Certificate of last passed exam
- Self Declaration for Scholarships/ financial help etc. from other sources.
- Passport, if any
- Visa, if any
- Aadhar Number
Selection Criteria For RGS Scholarship
- For selection, there will be four evaluation phases.
- Applications received up until the dates of the evaluation will be processed for selection in the program.
- 500 new seats at most are allotted for the fiscal year 2023–2024.
- If there are free seats, the application portal will remain open until January 15, 2024.
- From 16 January 2024 until 31 March 2024, the portal will be closed.
- The top 150 QS World Universities ranking will be used to evaluate the student’s merit. (Regardless of the applied-for course)
- If there is an equal distribution of merit, the postdoctoral, Ph.D., graduate, and undergraduate students will each receive preference.
- Even after this, the student who is older in age based on the date of birth shall be given preference in cases of equal merit.
- Only female students in the E1 and E2 category are eligible for 30% of seats (150).
- Female students in the E3 category are exempt from this. For these reserved seats, preference will be given to female students in the E1 category over those in the E2 category.
- There will be two different merit lists: A general merit list and a list of women.
How to Apply for Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence 2023 @hte.rajasthan.gov.in
To take advantage of the scheme, you have to apply online. You can get your application done from the nearest e-Mitra. But you can also do this process online from your laptop/computer.
For this, you have to follow the below process.
Step1: Visit the official website hte.rajasthan.gov.in
- First of all, go to the official website of hte.rajasthan.gov.in.
- Click on the option of Online Scholarship on the home page.
- Now click on APPLY NOW.
Step2: Create SSO ID and Login
- When you click on Apply Now.
- Now you jump on Rajasthan SSO.
- Here you log in by entering your User ID and Password.
- If you have not created your SSO ID yet, you can easily create it yourself.
- For this, you click on Register.
- You can register with your Google Id or Janadhaar.
Step3: Open the Scholarship (CE, TAD, Minority) G2G app
- When you log in to Rajasthan Single-Sign-On, after that you have to update your profile. [JanAadhaar must update]
- After you update, then you enter your Dashboard.
- You click on Citizen Apps (G2C).
- You have to search for scholarships (CE, TAD, Minority) from the list of this G2C app.
- Now click on the icon of this app.
Step4: Fill Application Form and Upload the Document
- When you open the App, you are asked to agree.
- You agree as a student and enter the app.
- Since you have updated the Janadhar card number, for this you will get the Member List.
- Select your name option and enter your Aadhaar card number.
- Click OK.
- Now you will receive OTP on the registered mobile number with an Aadhaar card.
- Enter this OTP.
- Now you will get the option of a New Application.
- You click on it. You will get the Application Form.
- All the asked information will have to be filled and necessary documents will have to be uploaded.
- In this way, your application will be complete.
Eligible Universities For Scholarship
|Name of the University||Location|
|University of oxfords||United Kingdom|
|Stanford university||United States|
|California Institute of Technology||United States|
|Massachusetts Institute of technology||United States|
|University of Cambridge||United Kingdom|
|University of California, Berkeley||United States|
|Yale University||United States|
|Princeton university||United States|
|University of Chicago||United States|
|Imperial College London||United Kingdom|
|Johns Hopkins university||United States|
|University of Pennsylvania||United States|
|University of California, Los Angeles||United States|
|Columbia university||United States|
|University of Toronto||Canada|
|Cornell university||United States|
|Duke university||United States|
|University of Michigan-Ann Arbor||United States|
|Northwest university||United States|
|National University of Singapore||Singapore|
|New York University||United States|
|London School of Economics and Political Science||United Kingdom|
|Carnegie Mellon University||United States|
|University of Washington||United States|
|University of Edinburgh||United Kingdom|
|University of Melbourne||Australia|
|University of California, San Diego||United States|
|University of British Columbia||Canada|
|King’s College London||United Kingdom|
|The University of Tokyo||Japan|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||United States|
|University of Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|Technical University of Munich||Germany|
|Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne||Switzerland|
|The University of Texas at Austin||United States|
|KU Leuven Belgium Paris Sciences et Lettres – PSL . Research University Paris||France|
|Nanyang Technological University, Singapore||Singapore|
|The University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign||United States|
|University of Wisconsin – Madison||United States|
|Washington University in St. Louis||Harvard University|
- Telephone number:- 0141-2706106
- Email ID:- [email protected]