Note if you want to get a two-wheeler or four-wheeler Driving License in India then you must first have a Learning License then only you can apply for a Driving License. And here in this post, we will walk you through “Make Parivahan Sewa Learning License at home” without any signature and uploading photos. Easy!
We will go with some basic information related to Parivahan Seva & RTO, Driving license, and Learning License. Please read till the end to avoid mistakes.
What is Parivahan Sewa Portal?
As you know very well, India is a large country with a large and complex transport system. For rules and regulations of vehicles and transport, there is an authority called RTOs.
RTO stands for Road Transport Offices. These offices are present in every state and UTs across India. The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been facilitating the computerization of over 1300+ Road Transport Offices (RTOs). This is your Parivhan Sewa.
You can find RTOs in your cities by typing “RTO near me” on your phone on Google.
Parivahan Sewa is like an online RTO. It is for both authority and the public. TParivahan Sewa provides many different kinds of services related to roads, vehicles, and transport.
Different Public Services Available On Parivahan Sewa
There are hundreds of services available on the Parivahan Sewa Portal. We are listing here only those that are helpful to the public (you) and those that are searched more on different internet mediums.
These are the following services for the public on Parivahan Sewa Portal
License Related Services
- Drivers/Learners’ License
- Driving School
- Online Test/ Appointment
- Vehicle Registration
- Fancy Number Allocation
- National Permit
- A seamless online way for vehicle permits
Other Products & Services
- E-challan System
- Vahan Green Sewa
Difference Between Driving and Learning License in Parivahan Sewa Portal?
The main difference between a Driving license and Learning License defines itself as a word.
(1) Driving License
A driving license refers to a legal and permanent official document that says the person who has Driving License is allowed to drive his/her vehicle on public roads. Because he/she has passed exams and tests and is verified by the authority.
You can register for a driving license online using Parivahan Sewa but for a physical driving license, you must take an exam and test in a nearby RTO office.
The Driving License has a validity of the next 20 years.
(2) Learning License
A Learning License refers to a legal but temporary official document that says that the person who has a Learning License is allowed to drive his/her vehicle on public roads for a temporary time.
You can apply for a Learning License using Parivahan Sewa and can download it online. You can take prints and use them as a Temporary Driving License till it is valid.
The Driving License has a validity of the next 2-3 months.
We have seen the basic information regarding the Learning License and Parivahan Sewa. Now we will see how you can apply for a Driving License on Parivahan Sewa Portal, Eligibility Criteria, and Necessary Documents.
List Of states in which you can apply for a Learning License without visiting RTOs
These are the states in which you can apply for a Learning License without visiting RTO online using Parivahan Sewa Postal.
Except for these listed states, you must visit the RTO office with the required documents.
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
Eligibility Criteria for Parivahan Sewa Learning License
Eligibility for a learning license depends on age and type of vehicle in India. In some cases, it can also depend on the state.
But the following are the major eligibility criteria that are the same across India.
- If you have a motorcycle with up to a 50CC ic engine (for example scooter) then you must be 16 years old. And your parents must submit an approval letter for it. Many people call it Student Driving License.
- If you have a light motor vehicle then your age must be 18 or above.
- For commercial vehicles, you must be 20 years or more. And you must have passed formal education of class 8.
- And most importantly, you must have some basic Traffic Rules. For example, you can understand different types of roads, traffic lights, different sign boards, etc.
Necessary Documents to apply for a Learning License
The following documents are necessary for a Learning License. Make sure all documents are true and verified by an official
Proof of Age:
- School Certificate/8th-12th class mark sheet OR School Leaving Certificate (must for Students).
- Birth Certificate
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card
Proof of Address:
- Aadhar Card (Must for online eLearning license)
- Voter ID
- Ration Card
- Electricity Bill (issued last month)
- Application Form (applying offline)
- 6 passport-size photos (jpg for online)
- Application Fees
- Medical Certificate (if above 40 years of age)
Benefits Of Parivahan Sewa Learning License
Applying for a learning license is Time taking process and complex for many people. But using Parivahan Sewa you can apply for it easily.
Because applying for a Learning License using Parivahan Sewa benefits:
- You do not need to visit the RTO office.
- You do not need 6 passport-size images and signatures.
- All the process is done online with Aadhar Card eKYC.
- You can download it online and take a printout.
How Can I Apply For a Learning License on Parivahan Sewa online at home?
As we already mentioned, you must have a Learner’s License to get an official Driving License Card. Now you can apply it on Parivahan Sewa online at your home.
Follow the step-by-step procedure.
Step1: Visit parivahan.gov.in official website
- First, go to the official portal of the Parivahan Portal.
- You can visit it by clicking above.
- Now scroll down to “License Related Service”
Step2: Click on Drivers/learner and choose your state
- Now click on Driver’s/Learners License.
- You will jump to the next page.
- On this page, you have to choose your State.
The above website is Sarathi Parivahan Seva. We have also a detailed guide on Portal, Use Of it and how you can avail yourself of services using it. You can check it after this guide.
Step3: On the next page click on “Apply For Learner License”
- Click on Apply For Learner License.
- Now you will jump to another page.
- Here you must have only 6 steps to apply online.
- If there is another 7th step then you cannot apply online for your state. You must visit RTO.
- You can check the above list of states where you can get this online process.
- If you are valid to state then you can go with the next steps.
Step4: Submit Learner’s License information
- On this page you have to select the following information:
- Category: General
- The applicant does not hold any Driving/Learner License issued in India
- Select your nearest RTO Office/Sewa Kendra. For example, in Gujarat, I am from Surat so I will choose GJ5. (You can choose according to your state and district)
- Submit it. Now you will get a list of all camps. Select your nearest camp and then Submit it.
Step5: Authentication for eKYC with Aadhar Card OR with your mobile number
- This step can vary with state. (You can get an Aadhar Card eKYC option)
- Enter your mobile number and click on Generate OTP.
- You will get a 4-6 digit OTP number. Enter it.
- Now click on AuthenticWithSarthi.
- You will jump to another page.
If you get Aadhar Card Authentication eKYC, go with this.
Step6: Fill the form 1 (Basic Info such as Address, RTO, and Type of vehicle)
- Here in this form, some basic and permanent information will be auto-filled according to your Aadhaar Card.
- You have to fill in the information regarding your RTO.
- Select the type of vehicle such as 50cc, Light Motor Cycle, and Commercial Vehicle.
- Submit it. You will get an Acknowledgement tab confirming all your information filled in the form is true.
- Again Final Submit the form. You will receive a Registration Number. (Note Down It)
- After this, you have to pay the fee. (varies with the state)
Step7: Pay the Learning License Fee
- Now you have to complete the Fee Payment.
- For this go back again to the HomePage.
- Click on Fee Payment then again Fee Payments.
- Now a new page will open with an instruction.
- Click on continue.
- Then you will jump to the Online Payment Page.
- On this page, you have to enter your Registration Number and your Date Of Birth.
- Then choose a payment method: Debit Card, Online Banking, OR UPI.
- Make payment.
- After this, you will receive an SMS with the Learning License Test Password.
- Now you have to Book Learning License (LL) Slot for the test and then present it to the test.
- Bring scoring marks then download LL.
- Let Us see the steps below.
Step8: Book Slot For Learning License Test/ Give exam
- Now you have to again back to the Homepage.
- In the Learning License menu, select Online LL Test Slot
- A new page will open. On this page you have to fill in the following information:
- Registration Number
- Date Of Birth
- Password (received in SMS)
- After this click on Login. You will successfully log in.
- A question set of 20 questions will appear. You have to score at least 12 marks to pass.
- Once you pass, your learning license will generate that you can download and take the print.
Final Step: Parivahan Sewa Learning License Download
Once you applied for Driving Learning License, Made a Payment, and log in to the Online LL test also passed the 20 marks of the exam then only you can download your Learning License.
To download the Parivahan Sewa Learning License follow the following steps:
- Firstly, go to the Dashboard or Homepage of the website.
- On the homepage click on Learning License Menu.
- Now click on “Print Learner License (Form 3)”
- Now you will jump to another page, and enter your Application Number and Date Of Birth.
- After this, you will receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP and click on Verify.
- Now you will jump to Print Learning License Page.
- Finally, click on Print and download the PDF of your LL Certificate.
The Parivahan Sewa Learning license is temporary so that a person can drive his/her vehicle at a certain range. A person is allowed to drive his/her vehicle on road.
You can download the Temporary online using Parivahan Sewa by following the below steps:
>First visit the official website parivahan.gov.in.
>On the homepage click on “Driving/Learning License”
>Select your state. And you will jump into the respected portal of your state.
>On the homepage of the portal click on “Apply For LL”
>Fill out your form and make an online payment
> After successful registration, you will receive an LL Test password.
>Now, book your slot and then give the exam.
>Pass the exam with 20 marks and then download Learning License