Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022 | Odisha Biju Swasthya Application Form | Odisha BSKY Online Registration | Biju Swasthya Card
As you know that health rate in India is very low than in any other country in the world.
Many citizens in our country are not capable to get suitable healthcare facilities due to their weak financial conditions.
And therefore for all those people, the Odisha Government has launched Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY).
Via this scheme, the Odisha government is providing healthcare facilities and medical cover to the residents.
This incentive has been working continuously and providing health care to citizens for about four years.
So if you have interested to get every single detail about the scheme then you have to read this complete article very carefully till the end.
What Is Odisha Biju Swasthya
For the economically weak families, the Odisha Government launched Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana on 15 August 2018.
Via this scheme, the government has been continuously providing health insurance coverage up to Rs 5 lakh per family per annum.
This insurance cover is for secondary and tertiary processes of treatment of patients.
With the support of Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022, cashless treatment is provided to nearly 3.5 crores of beneficiaries(about 70 lakh families) throughout the state.
In this scheme, all those people who will visit the health institution of the centre government o sub-centre level healthcare will be provided all the healthcare services completely free of cost irrespective of their income status, place, and status.
In addition for the women beneficiaries, an extra amount of Rs 2,00,000 would be provided as health insurance coverage.
Families Covered Under Biju Swasthya
As already mentioned that the Biju Swasthya is a Health Insurance scheme. Via this scheme, all the beneficiaries acquire cashless treatment of up to Rs 5 lakh per annum.
Further, women beneficiaries can acquire cashless treatment of amount Rs 10 lakh every year.
You have to know that on 15th August 2021, the completion of three years of the scheme, the government of Odisha extended the time.
From that day, 3.5 crore people in the state will be benefitted from this scheme and will receive smart health cards.
Till nowadays all citizens below the poverty line (BPL) who has taken benefits under Antyodaya Card Holders and those citizens whose annual income is below Rs 2 lakh have been covered under this scheme.
Now all those citizens will be benefitted from the scheme that has under the beneficiary of National and State Food Security schemes, Annapoorna and Antyodaya Scheme.
Key Highlights Of Biju Swasthya
|Name of the scheme||Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana(BSKY 2022)|
|Launched by||the Government of Odisha|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of Odisha|
|Objective||To deliver Health Care facilities and Health Insurance Cover|
|Financial assistance||Rs 5 lakh of health cover per family per year|
|Launched on||15th August 2018|
|Official website||NHM ODISHA|
Distribution Of Smart Cards Under The Scheme
UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL) manages PAN services, Aadhaar services, and many other financial and government sectors that are also responsible for creating and distributing Smart Health Cards for BSKY.
Under the scheme, in the state, each family gets two smart cards. Thus 1.85 crore smart cards were produced for 92.50 lakh families.
This smart health card contains the name of the beneficiary and 12 digits of the unique registration number.
And also a kit (as in sim cards) is provided in the smart card in which a list of all the impanelled hospitals is present.
All the panchayats were distributed the smart cards by 2nd October 2021.
News About Biju Swasthya Yojana
Here is some news regarding the scheme from various news channels and some websites.
Distribution Of Smart Health Cards To Begin(news 2021)
The ambition to expand Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan is proceeding to modify the Health Service delivery system and create history in the health sector of the country.
The decision to expand this scheme has been accepted because the citizens of the state are dealing with their land, and jewellery and stop sending children to school to manage the treatment costs of hospitals for their health.
Now around 3.5 crore residents of Odisha will get hassle-free cures through this scheme. Because now the citizens have provided the Smart Health Card that will be used as debit cards.
These health cards have been given to all the beneficiaries in a phased manner from September 1st.
The beneficiaries can benefit from cashless treatment through 200 empanelled hospitals across the nation.
According to data, out of 200 hospitals, 183 hospitals are empanelled within the Odisha state and the other 17 hospitals are empanelled outside the state.
In the future, the government is pushing to empanelled more additional hospitals.
Distribution Of Smart Health Card In Mayurbhanj District(news 2021)
A Special program was held in the tribal-dominated Mayurbhanj district on the 22nd of October to distribute the BSKY Smart Health Card.
This program was addressed by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
He there represented that around 21.40 lakh district residents will benefit from this scheme.
Via this scheme, the poor residents of the state will have access to Medical Services without any financial problems.
He further announced that beneficiaries of this scheme can benefit from service from 200 top hospitals in the country.
There are around 4036 packages in the scheme. You can avail of about Rs 5 lakh of insurance coverage every year.
To empower and secure the women, the incentive is providing Rs 10 lakh of health insurance for a year.
Medical Colleges Covered Under BSKY(news 2021)
BSKY has received an overwhelming reaction from the residents of the state.
Under the scheme cashless treatment has been provided to all people irrespective of their income, residence, or group of caste.
In addition, Rs 5 lakh of health insurance cover has also been provided to the citizens of the state that belong to an economically weaker section of the society.
The Odisha Government has expanded the complimentary Health Care Services to Government Medical College.
Now the citizens can also benefit from the cashless services via Government Medical College hospitals.
Assistance For Women Has Raised
Under Odisha Biju Swasthya the government has been providing Rs 5 lakh per annum per household the health insurance cover for the last three months.
But for women beneficiaries government has increased the financial aid by Rs 3 lakh.
Combining both around 10 lakh of financial aid has been provided under the scheme for secondary and tertiary treatment.
Through this scheme around 1.5 crores, a woman of the state will get the benefit.
Components Of Biju Swasthya Kalyan
The scheme has been launched to provide healthcare facilities to the economically more vulnerable section of society.
There are three key components of the scheme such as:-
Free Health Care Service
- the government aims to deliver free healthcare services to all residents of the state irrespective of their income status, caste or place.
- The health care services are provided from the sub-centre level up to the district headquarters hospital level.
- For the residents of the states who are economically weaker sections(EWS) of society, the government is providing Rs 5 lakh annual health coverage and Rs 7 lakh annual health coverage for women members of the family every year.
Drop Back Assistance
- Under this incentive, pregnant women and sick babies will provide with Rs 500 who visit public health centres.
- With the aid of this monetary assistance, the beneficiary can take the vehicle back home after delivery/treatment in the hospital.
Statistics For The Schemes
You can see the statistics for the scheme for instance;
|Packages||No. of beneficiaries|
|Intensive care Service||24,753|
Benefits And Features
- The government has launched the scheme BSKY to benefit economically weaker families with health insurance.
- The scheme provides health insurance of Rs 5 lakh and maternity help as health insurance.
- Additionally, women get an extra Rs 2 lakh for health insurance through the scheme.
- This insurance cover helps in the secondary and tertiary processes of treatment
- Under the scheme, people are getting free treatment in government health centres.
- The treatment cost of the hospital is paid cashless from the bank under the scheme.
- under the scheme, the government has empanelled 200 private hospitals in the state and about 20 super-specialty hospitals outside the state.
- There are around 4,036 packages that have been delivered under this scheme.
- The claim settlement procedure under BSKY is undertaken via insurance companies.
If you want to avail the benefits of the scheme then you must follow the following eligibility criteria.
- You must be a permanent resident of Odisha state.
- You are a Biju krushak Kalyan Yojana cardholder
- or Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana cardholder
- BPL card holders can avail the scheme
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana(AAY) card holders
- Annual income in Rural areas must not be above Rs 50,000
- Annual income in an urban area must not be above Rs 60,000
To get the benefits of the scheme and apply for it, you must have proper documents for example;
- Identical proof such as;
- Aadhaar card
- PAN card
- Voting card
- Biju krushak Kalyan Yojana card
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana card
- BPL card
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana card
- Income certificate
- Residential certificate
Application Procedure Of Biju Swasthya Kalyan
Note: There is no online method to apply for the scheme. Even you don’t have to apply for it anywhere else. The overall process is done in the hospital while you are going for treatment.
In optional, you can download two forms that are needed for availing of the scheme. Here is the process to download the forms.
- Firstly, go to the official website of the scheme BSKY
- On the homepage, you can see the Citizen Charter option.
- Click on this option, and a new page will open.
- Here, you can see several options.
- Here you have to download two forms such as;
- In the form you can see at the bottom; the agreement disclosure and the name & signature of the treating doctor with a seal.
- Hence, the application process is done in health centres.
- We recommend you to visit near health centre for further process.
Note: Be aware of miss leading information websites.
List Of Empanelled Hospitals Swasthya Kalyan Yojana
- Firstly, go to the official website of the scheme.
- On the homepage, click on empanelled Hospital
- A new page will appear with a list of all the empanelled hospitals.
View Block Wise List Of Cardholders
- firstly, go to the official website of the scheme.
- secondly, click here for a block-wise list of BKKY-I and BKKY-II cardholder
- A new page will appear before you with a list of all cardholders.
Procedure To Give Feedback
- Firstly, go to the official website of the scheme.
- And the home page will open before you.
- Click on the feedback form.
- On this new page, you have to enter the following details such as;
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Captcha code
- lastly, click on submit.
Procedure To View Contact Details
- Visit the official website of Of the scheme.
- On the homepage, click on contact us
- Finally, you will get the list of contacts.
Via this article, we have delivered you all the essential details about Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan 2022.
If you are still encountering any kind of difficulty then you can contact on helpline number or write an email to solve your problem.
The helpline number and email id are following;
- Helpline Number: +91-674-2392479/80
- Email Id: [email protected]
In conclusion, while writing about the Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan 2022 we researched well from various websites and news.
There are some spoilers regarding the application process of the scheme on various websites. Be aware of them.
Even we do not guarantee the process. Please visit the near health centre or hospital for further information.
Do allow the notification of the website, so that you can update with many other Yojanas(schemes) of Odisha and other states.
1 thought on “Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana 2022: Complete Details (BSKY Package)”
thankyou for the information, if you want some other information please visit this website.