National Scholarship Portal 2.0: Scholarships are very important for a student in his/her career. But students always struggle for finding various scholarships.
And here National Scholarship Portal 2.0 brings a one-stop solution for providing scholarships across India easily online.
The post is containing the Full Guide on how can you apply here for NSP Scholarships, Registration, Login, Tracking Form Application Status etc.
What Is National Scholarship Portal 2.0
National Scholarship Portal 2.0 is an online one-stop solution for all students across India for getting a scholarship sitting at home.
National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) found the scholarship portal as a project under Mission Mode Project.
The National Scholarship Portal works on a vision of No Leakage Scholarships benefits which means the student will get all access on the simple form
- students application
- application receipt processing
- sanction and payout of money for various scholarships.
The Portal uses the SMART system for faster and more effective to get results fast, benefits more students, and DBT for scholarship funds.
Benefits Of National Scholarship Portal 2.0
Getting a scholarship is a benefit in itself. But here we will know what benefits you are getting applying to Scholarship Portal. These benefits are the following:
- The NSP provides complete information about the Scholarship Schemes.
- There is an integrated application form for all scholarships. You do not need to fill out separate forms for separate scholarships.
- You will get all eligible Scholarship Scheme only when you will register on it. The system itself sorts the schemes according to your biodata.
- If you have selected the Duplicate scheme the system will automatically remove it.
- The NSP 2.0 provides the master data for Institutes and courses (college).
- It will also provide you help desk, and registration process.
- You will also get the Scholarship Process.
Management Information System-MIS is a software that will collect and study the data of every stage of Scholarship distribution. For example, your application register to get your DBT funds.
Eligibilities For National Scholarships NSP 2.0
The eligibility criteria for applying for scholarships under the National Scholarship Portal 2.0 are as follow:
- You must be full-time enrolled students in school or college.
- You should pass with CBSC, ICSC or State Board Exam of Class 12.
- And also following the 10+2 exam pattern means you must clear the 10th Board exam.
- You have equivalent the 80% of marks in your 12 classes in your respective stream.
- Students who get benefits from other scholarships are also eligible for NSP.
- Any student who is Fee waiver in college can also apply for an NSP scholarship.
Students pursuing Diploma courses cannot apply for national scholarships.
Reservation In National Scholarship NSP 2.0
Reserved categories/weaker sections/minorities students are eligible based on merit, subject to the Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking.
The following are the reservations for the various categories:
- Scheduled Castes (SCs) 15 %
- Scheduled Tribes ( STs) 7.5 %,
- Other Backward Classes(OBCs) 27 %
- and horizontally 5 % for Physically Handicapped / Persons(s) with Disabilities (PwDs) in all the categories.
National Scholarship Price2022
For the first three years of College and University courses, the scholarship rate is Rs.10000/- per annum at the Graduation level, and Rs.20000/- per annum at the PostGraduation level.
Students studying professional degrees for five (5) years or an integrated programme will be paid Rs.20,000/- per year in the fourth and fifth years.
Students pursuing technical degrees like as B.Tech. and B.Engg., on the other hand, will be eligible for scholarships up to the graduation level.
Distribution Of Scholarships: How Much Will You Get
After separating the proportion of CBSE and ICSE based on the number of students passing out from various Boards in the country, the total number of scholarships is split among the State Education Boards depending on the State’s population in the age bracket of 18-25 years.
The scholarship is split 50% between girls and boys. The amount of scholarships granted to a State Education Board is dispersed in a 3:2:1 ratio among passouts from the Science, Commerce, and Humanities streams.
In the event of a low number of applicants, the scholarship slots may be exchanged.
List Of Scholarship Schemes 2022
According to NSP 2.0, scholarships are provided based on results from the Senior Secondary Examination.
82000 new scholarships are offered each year [41000 for boys and 41000 for girls] for graduate and postgraduate studies at colleges and universities, as well as professional courses like medicine and engineering.
There are mainly three types of scholarship schemes:
- Central Scheme
- State Scheme
- UGC / AICTE Schemes
The complete list can be seen on the Portal. Here are the steps on how you can see the list of scholarships.
- Firstly, go to the official website of NSP www.scholarships.gov.in
- On the homepage, you can see the three lists of Schemes.
- Click on which types of scholars you want to get.
- After this, you will get a list of various scholarships with further information such as:
- Guidelines, FAQ
- Scheme Closing Date
- Defective Verification
- Institute Verification
- This will provide you with further information.
Post Matric Scholarship List
Here is the list of some NSP Post matric scholarship lists. You can see it online by visiting the official website for guidelines and information.
|Scholarship||Scheme Type||last date|
|Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||Central Scheme||–|
|Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Central Scheme||–|
|Post Matric Scholarship for SC students (All States)||Central Scheme||–|
|Post Matric Scholarship For SC Students – Assam||State Scheme||–|
|Post Matric Scholarship To Obc Students – Assam||State Scheme||–|
|Post Matric Scholarship To ST Students – Assam||State Scheme||–|
|Post Matric Scholarship Scheme To Obc Students – Andaman And Nicobar||State Scheme||–|
|Post Matric Scholarship Scheme For Transgender Students-Chandigarh||State Scheme||–|
|Post Matric Scholarship To St Students -Jammu And Kashmir||State Scheme||–|
|Post Matric Scholarship For OBC Students Tripura||State Scheme||–|
Registration On National Scholarship Portal 2.0 For 2022-23
If you want to apply for a scholarship you must have to register as a fresh scholar on Portal. Then only you will be eligible for applying for the scholarship that the system will sort.
Here is the complete step by step guide on how you can register as a new fresher application on NSP 2.0. The whole process is also known as National Scholarship Portal KYC (Know Your Consumer)
Step 1: Visit the NSP 2.0 Portal
Firstly, go to the official website for a national scholarship. The website is www.scholarship.gov.in. You can visit it directly by clicking here Visit Site.
Step 2: Register for a new application
When you will visit the homepage you will see different options such as About Us, and Service. We will not discuss it here click on New Registration.
You will get two options:
- Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students for AY 2022-23-Click Here
- Other Scholarship Schemes (Center Sector) for Medical Students for AY 2021-22
Second option is not available at this time. If you are a medical student you cannot register for NSP 2.0.
Step 3: Agree with Condition-How To Apply Page
When you will select your Pre and Post Metric Scholarship scheme, then you have to fill out the Fresh Students form. And for this, you have to agree with certain conditions.
These certain eligibilities and documents regarding conditions are the following;
- Students have to upload necessary educational documents
- He/She needs bank details (student or parents’ banks)
- Aadhaar Card or Bonafide student certificate
- Confirm your scholarship category
- You will get your Id and Password on your Registered email or mobile via SMS.
- After successful registration, you will no longer for re-registration or correction for the form.
- Your age must be 18 years.
Step4: Fill In the Fresh Student Registration Form
After agreeing with all conditions and disclaimer you have to fill in the Fresh Student Registration Form. Firstly you have to fill in the basic information. For Example
A field mark with a red * mark is mandatory to fill.
- Domicile status
- Select Scholarship Category
- Student Name
- Type of Scheme
- Mobile Number (link with aadhaar)
- Date Of Birth
- Identity Proof of documents
- Bank Details
- Name Of Bank
- IFSC Code
- Account Number
- Bank Address
- Upload selected documents.
Final Step: Submit, Application ID and Password
As you complete filling out the Fresh Student Registration Form you can now submit your Documents and then register.
- Complete the form by filling out all information.
- Upload documents.
- Enter Captcha Code
- Click on Register.
Note: As you Register successfuly you will get a 18 digit Application ID e.g GJ20228012278048. Note it. You will also get a uniqu application number and passwod as SMS on your registered mobile number. Note it.
National Scholarship Portal 2022 Login
Log In to the National Scholarship Portal 2.0 is very easy once you have successfully registered it. Here is how you can log in:
Login To National Scholarship
- Firstly, go to the homepage of NSP 2.0
- On the homepage, you can see New Register and Login options.
- Click on Login.
- A login page will open.
- Here you have to fill in the following field:
- Application ID and Password: You have got it as an SMS on your mobile number.
- Captcha Code
- Finally, click on Login.
- Now you will jump to the next page: Password Reset and Change. [Mandatory]
Login: Reset Password And Regenerate New Password
when you will log in on NSP 2.0 with your Application ID and Password you must reset or change your password.
- You will get an OTP.
- Enter the 5 Digit OTP.
- Now you will jump on Reset Password.
- Create a strong password.
- Confirm it by typing again.
- Finally, you can again go to the Home page, and log in with the same Application ID and New Password.
National Scholarship Applicant Dashboard
After successful registration to National Scholarship Portal 2.0, you will get an Application ID and using it you can Log In to it. After login, you enter your Applicant Dashboard.
Here is an example of an Applicant Dashboard:
The National Scholarship Applicant Dashboard contains different options or actions for students for example:
The home of the NSP Applicant Dashboard contains the name of the Applicant Student Name, Applicant ID, Action Done and Status.
You can see it in the above picture. You can see there are Red Cross for Undone Status and Green Tick for Done Status.
In the dashboard, students can online apply for National Scheme using Application Form in the dashboard.
When you will click on it you will get a form. You have to fill it out and submit it for a scholarship.
Update Account Details
In the Applicant Dashboard, Update Account Details will allow you for certain changes in your account such as;
- Mobile Number
- Bank Details
You cannot update details direct by entering into it. When you will click on it, you will get an OTP tab where you have to submit the OTP then after you will be enabled to perform changes or updates.
Check Your Status
Here you can check your Status on the Application form. You can see the complete status from the submission of the application, validation of the form, and completion of it.
Just click on it and you will get the status in tabular form with tick and cross.
National Scholarship Form 2022
If you want to get the scholarship in National Scholarship Portal 2.0 then you must register online and then apply for an Application. The registration process has been discussed above.
Here we are going to see the filling out and submitting the NSP 2.0 Application Form online. There are three parts to the application form:
- Registration Details
- Academic Information
- Basic Information
- Upload Documents
#1: Fill in the Registration Details [Update]
In the Registration details, you may fill in the following fields. Some fields will be auto-filled while registering as New Students. And you cannot change it.
- State of Domicile
- Scholarship Category * Post Matric/Top Class
- Single Girl Child *
- Name of Student *
- Gender *
- Religion *
- Father Name *
- Mother Name *
- Annual Family Income *
- Community/Category *
- Day Scholar/Hosteler *
The * mark shows that the field is mandatory to field.
#2: Fill in the Academic Details
The above picture illustrates the details of academic information while you are filling out the Application Form. Here I cannot provide the whole things about which field need which information to be filled.
But I can give a list of things you must have to be filled while filling in the Academic details:
- Your Institute
- Present Class Year
- Present Class/Course
- Mode of Study
- Previous Board/University name
- Regular/Full Time
- SSC/HSC Board details: Board Name, Result, Passing Year etc
- Entrance Exam Details
- And more…
#3: Basic Details and Contact Info
After filling out the Academic Details you have to fill in the Basic Details. The basic details are following:
- Is Orphan
- Guardian Name
- Is Disabled
- Type of Disability
- Marital Status
- Bank Account Number, IFSC Code
- Parents Profession
Once you also have to complete the next info that is regarding your Contact Details and Scheme details for your confirmation.
- House No.
- Select your number of schemes
Finally, you have to Submit & Continue then you will jump to the Upload Page. Here you have to upload all necessary documents.
#4: Upload Documents-Final Submit
Finally, once you have completed filling out all registration details, basic details and academic details you must need to upload your necessary details. And these documents are the following:
- A scanned copy of the student’s passbook with the account number and name visible
- Domicile Certificate
- A scanned copy of the previous exam you passed
- Income Certificate
- Student PhotoGraph
After uploading all the documents you must recheck all the information you have filled in and view the uploaded documents and then only click on Save As Default and then Final Submit.
After final submission, you will be unable to make any changes to your Application form.
Scholarship Amount less than Rs.50000/-, No Need to Upload any Document. Submit Copy of the Documents in School / College / Institute.
So friends and students we are done with full information about Application Process here. You can check your nsp status on the dashboard.
National Scholarship Renewal Process
Students who are getting the benefits of his/her scholarships must Apply for Renewal end of the year.
According to NSP when they open the scheme every year in the month of December-July this duration students can apply for registration and Renewal.
The process of Renewal is very easy. Because it is the same as the process of the application form.
- Firstly you have to go to the NSP 2.0 website.
- On the home page, you can see the Renewal option.
- Here you have to select the year of Submission.
- When you will click on the year, you will jump to Login Page.
- After Login with your Application ID and Password, you will jump to the Dashboard.
- Now you will see a new option Renewal.
- Click on it. Fill in all the information again.
- Upload necessary documents and then submit them.
Frequently Asked Question
The eligibility criteria for the various schemes hosted at NSP differ from one another. Scholarships are available to students studying in India who meet the conditions of various scheme guidelines from various Ministries. The detailed criteria can be found on the Portal’s Home Page.
You can check NSP Application Status online via login to your dashboard through the application id and password.
If you have already registered then you can go with Forgot Application Id and if you have not registered then after registration you will get your Application ID as SMS on your registered mobile number.
NSP Scholarship 2022-23 last date is 31 Oct 2022, Since this notification is released by the UGC for the various scholarships.