The Last Date of the Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for BC & EBC category and SC & ST category Students for the academic year 2023-24
Here is a guide on How You Can Apply For Post Matric Scholarship Online For 2023.
In this guide, we will walk you through the details about Scholarships, Benefits/Scholarship Amounts, Eligibility Criteria, and the process to successfully get a grant.
Please read the complete detail so that you can avoid mistakes.
Bihar Post Matric Scholarship Academic Year 2023-24
Post-Matric Scholarships are offered to deserving students from Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes, and Extremely Backward Classes who have passed class 10 (matric) or the entrance exam.
State government, Establishment, & Committed Expenditure, and Central government provide this kind of scholarship across the nation so that SC, ST, and Economically Backward students can complete their higher studies.
The maximum yearly combined income of the applicant’s parents or guardians is limited by the following criteria, as set forth by the relevant department:
- The maximum total annual income of SC/ST applicant’s parent/guardian from all sources is Rs.2.50 lakh
- Rs 2.50 lakh for OBC students
- Rs.3 Lakh for Extremely Backward Class students
In the future, the order issued by the concerned department regarding the maximum benefit of the parents/guardians will be considered applicable.
The scholarship amount may vary according to the academic status of the student, college type, course type, etc. But the minimum scholarship amount in the scheme is about Rs. 15,000.
The PMS Scheme divides the scholarship amount fund between the center (75%) and the state (25%).
Bihar PMS Scheme 2023 Start & Last Date
The main objective of the Bihar Post-Matric Scholarship is to provide financial support to deserving SC/ST, OBC, and Extremely Backward Class students so that they can complete their Higher Education easily.
There are 16% SC/ST families in Bihar and The PMS scholarship can benefit up to 5 Lakh SC/ST students.
|Scholarship Name||Post Matric Scholarship (PMS)|
|Under||National Scheme Portal|
|Objective||Provide scholarships to deserving students of the state|
|Beneficiaries||Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Backward Classes, and Extremely Backward Classes|
|Scholarship Amount||Minimum 15,000. Vary according to the status of students, performance, college, and enrolled course|
|Start Date||November-December 2023|
|Official Site||PMS Online Bih NIC In|
|I.A, I.Sc and I.Com or Its equivalent courses||Rs. 2,000/-|
|B,A. B.Sc and B.Com Etc.||Rs. 5,000/-|
|M.A, M.Sc and M.Com Etc.||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Industrial training institute||Rs. 5,000/-|
|3 Year Diploma/ Polytechnic Courses||Rs. 10,000/-|
|Engineering, Medical, Law, Management and Agriculture||Rs. 15,000/-|
How Bihar Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Works
NSP 2.0 Since 2020, Portal has been running a PMS system.
However, the Department of Education NIC introduced the Bihar Post Matric Scholarship Portal (PMSP) @pmsonline.bih.nic.in for online application, making it more convenient.
Additionally, both the Institution and the Student can register using the mobile app.
The following scholarship program will be run on DBT through this portal:
- Extremely Backward Classes and Backward Classes PMS Scheme
- Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes PMS Scheme
A district-level scholarship committee has been established to oversee its implementation.
The complete scholarship process consists of the following steps:
- Firstly, institutions and students register on the PMSP portal.
- SSA verifies the application of both institutes and students.
- Finally, institutes verify the application of their students.
Eligibility Criteria: Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2023
Under this scheme, the following students will be able to apply for a post-matric scholarship.
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Bihar.
- The caste of the applicant should be included in the list of OBC and EBC and SC/ST by the State Government.
- The maximum yearly combined income of the applicant’s parents or guardians should be the following:
- Rs.2.50 lakh for SC/ST and OBC
- Rs. 3.00 lakh for EBC (Extremely Backward Class)
- Only those who have passed the matric or entrance exam are eligible to apply for the award under the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme.
- After passing a course at one level, I.Sc., I.A., and after graduating B.A., they will not be eligible for a scholarship to study in another course of equal level. Such students are not eligible under PMS.
- PMS will be given only to 02 (two) sons of the applicant’s parents in the backward class and very backward class.
- Daughters are exempt from this provision, as are members of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
Required Document: Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2023
Here is the list of required documents for BPMS 2023 24:
- Aadhaar Card
- Aadhaar Linked Mobile Number
- Matric Passed Result
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- DOB Certificate
- Institutional Verification
Registration Process For Bihar Post Matric Scholarship @pmsonline.bih.nic.in
Process1: Check the Last Date Of Scholarship
To get the benefit of the Bihar Post Matric Scholarship 2022-23, it is mandatory for the students to register online.
Keep in mind, Students must have to apply for the scholarship on the portal before the last date of application mentioned on the portal.
You can see the Last Date of the scholarship by visiting @pmsonline.bih.nic.in
The portal verifies the student through the Aadhaar Card Number and An OTP of the Aadhaar-Linked Mobile Number.
Therefore students must have Aadhaar and a linked mobile number.
Process2: Apply For The Scholarship on PMSP Portal
After completing the above process, the applicant will have to log in, from which he will get the Applied Scholarship Details, according to which the applicant will have to:
- Personal Details
- Mobile verification and bank account details have to be entered
- It is required that the applicant’s name appear on the bank account.
- As well as the institute
- It will be mandatory to mark the details of courses and certificates correctly.
It will be necessary to fill the (*) Marked Field by the applicant in the order of online application submission, otherwise there will be no final submission of the form.
After the FINAL SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION, you cannot make changes.
But before the Final Submission, you can see the Preview Of the Application. Therefore you should recheck all information again before the final submission.
Applicants will be able to keep the PDF print of the finally submitted application safe with them.
Process3: Concerned Institute Will Verify the Application
Once you successfully submit the application, your application will be forwarded to your concerned institution (Which is also registered on the portal) for verification.
In case of a change or error in the details related to the bank of the applicants, the application will be transferred to the login of the applicant again, where the correct details will be uploaded again on the portal after correcting the error by the applicant.
Download the Student Application Process Official Guide: Post Matric User Manual
FAQs: Bihar Post Matric Scholarship
Last date for submission of online application is 30 September 2023.
SC/ST students can apply at @pmsonline.bih.nic.in online for scholarships.
Yes. Every student who has passed class 10 and has not enrolled for graduation can apply for this scholarship at @pmsonline.bih.nic.in.
The official website is http://www.pmsonline.bih.nic.in.
Bihar Post Matric Scholarship – Mobile Number:- +91-9534547098, +91-8862998668, +91-9999597490, +91-9709951912