The West Bengal government launched the Health Scheme for their employees in 2008. Under this, they provide health coverage beema. For application, registration, and maintenance your scheme government has developed WBHS Portal. In 2021 the WBHS also start providing benefits for govt teachers.
In today’s post, we will walk you through the complete guide About WBHS Scheme Portal, How To Register For WBHS, Package and Hospital List, etc.
Please read till the very end so that you can avoid mistakes.
West Bengal Health Scheme WBHS 2023
The state government launched the WB Health Scheme in 2008 under West Bengal Services (Medical Attendance) Rules, 1964. This scheme regulates the medical benefits of government employees and their family members.
The WBHS is optional. It is up to employees whether they want to get benefits or not.
Also, the WBHS scheme provides medical benefits to all three classes of government employees in different departments and teachers of grant-in-aid colleges and universities.
Under this scheme, employees, teachers, and their family members can get benefits from OPD care for 17 ailments.
As long as the treatment is received at privately accredited hospitals, there are cashless indoor treatment facilities accessible for up to Rs. 1,50,000 per indoor.
In addition, reimbursement for indoor treatment expenses above Rs. 1,50,000 is available upon submission of a claim to DDO/PSA.
WBHS Scheme Update 2023
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee made a significant statement, stating that 20,000 retired employees and around 30,000 workers in the three-tier Panchayati Raj system will be included in the state health program.
For those employed by Zilla Parishad, Panchayat Samiti, and Zilla Parishad to benefit from the state government’s health program, which is available to all state government employees, West Bengal Federation had petitioned the Chief Minister in this regard.
All of the three-tier Panchayat system personnel will be able to receive care through the government’s health insurance program, according to Banerjee.
Key Highlights WBHS Scheme Portal
|Name of the scheme||West Bengal Health Scheme|
|Launched by||Finance Department, Government of West Bengal|
|Launched for||Government Employees & Pensioners|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Category||State government scheme|
Govt Pensioner Statistics
|No. of Enrolled Pensioner||113951|
|No. of Beneficiary||233362|
|No. of Applied Claims||54688|
|Amount of Applied Claims||₹ 84,18,74,849|
|No. of Settled Claims||29735|
|Amount of Settled Claims||₹ 36,70,00,070|
Govt Employee Statistics
|No. of Enrolled Employee||200120|
|No. of Beneficiary||685112|
|No. of Applied Claims||83161|
|Amount of Applied Claims||₹ 1,11,21,74,169|
|No. of Settled Claims||50763|
|Amount of Settled Claims||₹ 54,96,96,898|
West Bengal Health Scheme WBHS Eligibility List
The WBHS 2008 provides an eligibility list by defining each term. Here will go in the same way. You can easily understand who is eligible for the scheme:
- Teachers and officers (govt employees)
- West Bengal University of Health Sciences including the College of Medicine and JNM Hospital, Kalyani
- Vice-Chancellors or Heads of institutions
- Recommending authorities of institutions
- Clerical staff (LDC/UDC) of institutions
- Scheme administrative department employee
- Head of Department, chief secretory and Principal of the institution
- Joint Secretary of the Administrative Department
- DS/ AS/ Registrar/ SO/ Assistant/Clerk (UDA/ UDC/ LDA/LDC)
- Full-time and regular serving teachers
- Family members of teachers and officers
Enroll In West Bengal Health Scheme 2023 @WBHS Portal
You can enroll in West Bengal Health Scheme online by registering at @wbhealthscheme.gov.in. You have to follow these steps while enrolling:
- You have to apply online provide mandatory information and upload a passport-size photo and signature.
- After submitting the form, you have to take a hardcopy print of this form.
- And you have to submit this hard copy of the form to your head office. You must attach Birth Proof, Blood Group, Aadhar Card, Income Certificate, and any other documents.
- After submission, the operator will verify your form.
- The Recommending Authority will also verify it. They will provide your application for final verification at HoD.
- Digital Signature Certificate should match your application for final verification.
- Once you are approved, you will be eligible for the scheme.
- Now you can log in to WBHS Portal.
WBHS Rate Chart PDF Download 2023 @wbhealthscheme.gov.in
If you want to Package & Rate Chart List 2023 then you have to follow these steps on the portal:
- Firstly, go to the official website @wbhealthscheme.gov.in
- On the homepage, click on the Package List link.
- Then you will jump to the new page.
- On the page, you can see the complete list of Treatment types, categories, codes, and maximum approved rates.
WBHS Rate Chart 2023
|Treatment Type||Treatment Category||Treatment Code||Treatment Description||Maximum Approved Rate(₹)|
|Procedures||General||01001001||Consultation By Medical Officer (OPD)||150|
|Procedures||General||01001002||Consultation By Specialist (OPD)||200|
|Procedures||General||01001003||Visit/revisit/consultation by specialists (indoor) (maximum two visits per day admissible)||200|
|Procedures||General||01001004||Consultation by superspecialists (OPD)||250|
|Investigation||Skin||02002002||SISI tone decay and different times||300|
|Investigation||Skin||02002003||Multiple hearing assessment tests for adults||250|
|Investigation||Skin||02002004||Multiple hearing assessment tests for adults||450|
|Investigation||Skin||02002005||Hearing aid selection||100|
|Investigation||Skin||02002006||Hearing aid analysis||400|
WBHS Portal Empanelled Hospitals List 2023
Here are steps on How you can check WBHS Hospital List 2023 online at @wbhealthscheme.gov.in. Follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the official website.
- On the homepage, click on Hospital>Empaneled Hospitals.
- When you click on it, you will jump to the List page.
- You can check the name of the Hospital, address, and code.
The WBHS Scheme allows you to get treatment in the following Empanelled Hospitals:
|Government Hospitals||All hospitals (all systems of medicine) clinics, laboratories, and diagnostic centers under the management of the Government of West Bengal|
the Government of India, and other State Governments
|Local Body’s Hospitals||Empanelled Private Hospitals, Nursing Homes, etc within the State|
Diagnostic Centres within the State
|State-aided Hospitals||13 numbers of State-aided Hospitals|
|Pvt. Hospitals/ Diagnostic Centers|
Class 1 Service Provider – Full rates
Class 2 Service Provider – 80% of Full rates
Class 3 Service Provider – 70% of Full rates
|Private Hospitals, Nursing Homes, etc within the State|
Diagnostic Centres within the State
Check WBSH State-Aided Hospital List 2023
|State Hospital Name & Address||Code|
|Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Matri Bhavan, 7A, Sree Mohan Lane, Kolkata-28.||0310001|
|Islamia Hospital, Kolkata.||0310002|
|Marwari Relief Society Hospital, Kolkata.||0310003|
|Institute of Child Health, 11, Dr. Biresh Guha Street, Kolkata-17.||0310004|
|Balananda Brahmachari Hospital, Behala, Kolkata.||0310005|
|Chittaranjan Cancer Hospital, Kolkata.||0310006|
|Ramkrishna Sarada Mission Matri Bhavan, 7A, Sree Mohan Lane, Kolkata-28.||0310007|
|Dr. M. N. Chatterjee Memorial Eye Hospital, Kolkata.||Code: 0310008|
|Ramkrishna Matri Mangal Pratisthan and B.C. Roy Sishu Sadan, Ariadaha, North 24 Parganas.||0310009|
|J.N. Roy Sishu Seva Bhavan, Kolkata.||0310010|
|Chartoris Hospital, Kalimpong, Darjeeling.||0310011|
|Kalimpong Leprosy Hospital, Kalimpong, Darjeeling.||0310012|
|Sri Balaram Seva Mandir, Khardah, North 24 Parganas.||0310013|
Check WBHS Portal Doctor Details List
- This a very new change in WBHS Portal.
- Now you can check Doctor Details in the portal.
- On the homepage, in the circular section, you can see Link “Doctor Details”