The Karnataka Government will provide financial assistance of Rs.2,000 every month to eligible women from 15 August 2023 under Gruha Lakshmi Yojana.
Recently, the government launched Seva Sindhu Guarantee Scheme Portal for Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Application Form. You can access it at sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in.
In our post, we will walk you through the complete details of the scheme, eligibility list, benefits, required documents for application, and also how will check the status and beneficiary list, etc.
Gruha Lakshmi Guarantee Scheme 2023
The Congress party in Karnataka has introduced a new program called the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana. This program aims to empower women and promote gender equality in the state.
Congress president, D.K. Shivakumar announced Gruha Lakshmi Yojana on March 18, 2022, in their manifesto. On 9th June 2023, they approved the scheme.
The scheme is designed to provide financial assistance to women who are the main caretakers of their households.
The Gruha Lakshmi Yojana is an initiative aimed at addressing the financial challenges faced by women who are the primary earners in their households.
This scheme offers eligible women a financial incentive of Rs. 2,000 every month for a period of one year. It is expected that approximately 1.3 crore women throughout the state will benefit from this program.
The objective is to provide support and stability to these women and their families during times of financial uncertainty.
Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Will Benefit From the 15th of August
In a recent development, the Siddaramaiah Cabinet has given its approval to five guarantee schemes mentioned in the Congress manifesto.
- Guha Jyothi (electricity),
- Gruha Lakshmi (₹2,000 every month to women heads of families),
- Anna Bhagya (food grains to BPL families),
- Yuvanidhi (unemployment support), and
- Shakti (free travel for women under State buses).
On 2 June 2023, the cabinet made an announcement that the Gruh Lakshmi Yojana will start accepting applications from 16th June and then provide benefits from this Independence Day.
Key Highlights Of Gruha Lakshmi Yojana 2023
|Scheme Name||Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme|
|Announced by||Congress Party|
|Beneficiary||Women head of families|
|Objective||To offer financial support to women head of families and empower them|
|Total Beneficiaries||1.3 crore women|
|Benefit||Rs 2,000 every month|
|Registration Starts From||25 July to 27 July|
|Start benefiting on||17th pr 18th August 2023|
|Last Date To Apply||No Last Date|
Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme Objective
The Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Yojana has several key objectives:
Economic Empowerment: scheme aims to financially support women, enabling them to contribute to their family’s income and improve their overall financial situation.
Recognition of Housewives: It recognizes and rewards the valuable contributions of housewives by providing them with financial support for their role in managing and nurturing their households.
Poverty Alleviation: It fights poverty by offering financial assistance to families in need. This support helps alleviate their financial burdens and improves their overall living conditions.
Gruha Lakshmi Scheme Eligibility List
Eligibility criteria for Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Yojana:
- Family Type: Women must belong to Antyodaya, BPL, or APL families.
- Head of Family: Women identified as the head of the family in Antyodaya, BPL, or APL ration cards are eligible.
- One Woman per Family: Only one woman per family can receive benefits.
- Husband’s Tax or GST: If the husband pays income tax or files GST returns, the family is not eligible.
- Exclusion: Government employees and women taxpayers are not eligible.
Gruha Lakshmi Scheme Documents Required
- Domicile Certificate
- Mobile Number
- 2 Passport Size Photographs
- Aadhaar Card (self and husband)
- Bank passbook copy
- The applicant’s bank account details
Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Apply Online Seva Sindhu @sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in
- Firstly, go to the Seva Sindhu Portal @sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in
- You have to register yourself first to apply for any scheme.
- You will get a Registration button on the homepage.
- For registration, you have to enter your Aadhaar Card number.
- Next, you have to provide basic information and then create your Password.
- After this, you will get your Personalised Dashboard.
- Using this, you can apply for the scheme.
- Choose “Gruh Lakshmi Scheme” and apply for it.
- Complete the application form and upload valid documents.
Download Gruha Lakshmi Yojana Form
- Register to Seva Sindhu Portal. Enter your Aadhaar number and required details to register and log in to the portal.
- After logging in, search for ‘Gruha Lakshmi Yojana’ in the search bar. (Currently unavailable; application option available from 22 June).
- Download the ‘Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Scheme application form.
- Print out the application form.
- Complete the form by providing the necessary details.
- Attach the required documents to the form.
- Submit the filled form and documents to the Karnataka Gram One Centre or the Assistant Director of Women and Child Development office in your respective district.
Note: The Gruha Lakshmi Scheme application form can also be got from the mentioned centers or offices.
Gruha Lakshmi Scheme Offline Application Process
- Firstly, download the form or visit the Gram One Center near you.
- You can locate it through this GramOne Locator
- Fill out the form, and attach the valid documents.
- The authorized person will fill out your application form and charge some amount.
- You will get a registration number.
- Save this number to track your application status.
We have learned so far about Karnataka Gruha Lakshmi Yojana 2023 application form, we hope that you would have liked it. If you liked it then do not forget to share it.
FAQs Gruh Lakshmi Guarantee Scheme
For this scheme, only the head women of the family will get benefits. Also, note one woman per family.
The eligible women will get Rs 2000 every month in this scheme.
You can apply online on Seva Sindhu and offline at Gram One Center.