The Tamil Nadu government offers a variety of programmes to assist girls in pursuing higher education. The Tamil Nadu government has announced the introduction of the Tamil Nadu Higher Education Assurance Scheme.
During this time, the Tamil Nadu government would grant financial aid to females who choose to pursue higher education.
This article discusses all of the key components of the yojana. You’ll learn about the Tamil Nadu Higher Education Assurance Scheme 2022 and how you may benefit from it.
TamilNadu Budget 2022-23:TN Higher Education Assurance Scheme
According to NewIndianExpress,
The most major revelation made during the almost two-hour presentation was an incentive for women students from government schools to attend college.
With a budget of Rs 698 crore, he has pledged a monthly payment of Rs 1,000 directly into their bank accounts.
The previous ‘Thalikku Thangam’ scheme, which gave gold and financial aid for women’s weddings, has been remodelled into a Higher Education Assurance Scheme.
The minister has also proposed a Rs 7,000 crore plan to modernise government schools over a five-year period.
However, the initiative to distribute Rs 1,000 per month to women who are the breadwinners of their families has been postponed.
The initiative will only take off, according to the minister, after the state’s financial condition improves.
Highlights Of TN Higher Education Assurance Scheme
|Name Of The Scheme||Tamil Nadu Higher Education Assurance Scheme|
|Launched By||Government Of Tamil Nadu|
|Beneficiary||Girl Students Of Class 6 to 12|
|Objective||To Provide Financial Allowance To The Girls|
|Financial Allowance||Rs 1000 Per Month|
Features of TN Higher Education Assurance Scheme
Tamil Nadu Budget 2022-23 has brought many benefits and the higher education assurance scheme is the most important initiative taken by the government.
Here is some bulletin on how this Higher Education Assurance Scheme solve the problems:
- The enrollment for higher education for girl students. They do not need to take dropout.
- Girl students will empower for education.
- They do not have extra work while studying in class 12.
- The ratio of girl students will increase in pursuing higher education.
- Government girl students will eligible to get higher education without any extra expenditure.
Minister for Finance & Human Resources Mgmt, TN-Dr P Thiaga Rajan (PTR) Reasons behind transforming Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Memorial 'Marriage Assistance Scheme' as the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar 'Higher Education Assurance Scheme.
Why Higher Education Assurance Scheme
Addressing Tamil Nadu Budget 2022-23 the Minister for Finance & Human Resources Mgmt, TN-Dr P Thiaga Rajan (PTR) has explained the reason for starting the Education Assurance Scheme.
Dr P Thiaga Rajan (PTR) says:
In Tamil Nadu, the government has initiated several schemes for the comprehensive growth of girl children.
The Marriage Assistance Scheme was introduced to help the parents of girl children providing them financial assistance and gold for the Thirumangalyam (Holy Thread). Also, the very important scheme that encourages the girl children to take up higher studies.
In 1968, the first marriage assistance program was introduced for inter-caste marriage. Since then the Tamil Nadu government has introduced 5 different marriage assistance schemes they are:
- 1968- TN Inter Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme
- 1975- Dr Dharmambal Widow’s Remarriage Assistance Scheme
- 1982- Widow Remarriage Assistance Scheme Introduced In Memory Of EVR Maniammai
The beneficiaries were paid Rs. 1000 when the scheme was introduced. This gradually went from 2000 to 5000 to 10000 to 15000 to 20000 to eventually 25000...
4. Till 16.05.2011, the beneficiaries received these benefits. Since 17.05.2011, in addition to the Rs. 25000 financial assistance, 4 grams of gold was given for the Thirumangalyam.
5. It was also announced that graduates and postgraduate women would receive Rs. 50000 instead of Rs 25000, 8 grams of gold was given for the Thirumangalyam.
Analysis Of Mariage Assistance Scheme For Higher Education Assurance Scheme
The above all marriage scheme now have analysed and the following information makes the Marriage Scheme change into Education Scheme:
- The number of applicants received requesting the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Marriage Assistance Scheme is about 1.5 lakh per year.
- Each year the applicants are selected on the basis of the fund allotted in a financial year.
- The applicants that are not selected are pushed onto the next year.
- On average, about 760 Cr Rupees is allotted each year to procure gold coins and to provide financial assistance.[past 7 years data]
- There is lakh pending applicants for getting the benefits of the marriage scheme.
Role Of TIPPS
Now the government has analysed the problem and working with a DataBase called TIPPS. The TIPPS stands for Tamil Nadu Integrated Poverty Portal Service.
This database collects the beneficiaries of Marriage Assistance, it is now helping the government compare the data on how many of the BPL have benefited from the scheme.
You cannot see the beneficiary list of the scheme because it is not public.
For many reasons the Marriage Assistance Scheme has flaws, therefore now in Budget 2022-23, the scheme has transformed from Marriage Assistance Scheme to Education Assistance Scheme.
How You Will Get Benefit Of Higher Education Assurance Scheme
Tamil Nadu Higher Education Assurance Scheme is a flagship scheme of the Government. It will benefit the girl children.
The Government will provide the amount of Rs. 1000 as DBT to beneficiaries’ accounts. The students do not have to visit any online platform for the application.
All eligible girls studying in the Government School from grade 6 to 12 will get the benefits of the scheme through Direct Benefit Transfer.
The girls will continue to profit from this scheme till they complete their undergraduate degree, diploma, or ITI courses.
- The girls should study in Government Schools.
- A girl must be in grades 6 through 12.
- The girl must come from a low-income family.
- The BPL families will get benefits from the scheme.