Jan Samarth Portal is a flagship program of the Indian Government for Digital India. It is a government credit scheme. The portal provides affordable loans under various beneficial schemes.
Here in this post, you can learn more about the JanSamarth Portal, Objective, Eligibility Criteria, and more. Do read till the end for complete information.
What Is The JanSamarth Portal?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Jan Samarth Portal on June 6, 2022. JanSamarth connects a citizen to the beneficial scheme as a credit-linked portal.
There are different government credit schemes for citizens of all states. To get the benefit of the scheme, they all have to apply for credit individually.
And here Jan Samarth plays an important role. It connects all these schemes online in one common place.
The JanSamarth Portal further behaves as a one-of-a-kind digital portal that connects 13 credit-linked government schemes on a single platform for all recipients and related landers online.
It benefits students, farmers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses by getting affordable low-interest loans connected with schemes of the government.
The objective of the portal:
The main goal of JanSamarth Portal is to promote fair growth and development across many sectors by guiding and connecting you to the appropriate 13 credit-linked government schemes through simple digital methods.
|Launched Date||June 6, 2022|
|Launched By||PM Narendra Modi|
|Objective||Connecting citizens to credit-linked schemes at a common portal online|
Eligibility for Jan Samarth
The Eligibility Of the JanSamarth depends upon the govt scheme for that you want credit.
But here are common eligibility criteria that everyone must follow:
- You must be a citizen of India.
- Your age must be 18 and above.
- You must have Identity proof such as Aadhaar Card (mobile linked), Ration Card, Pan card etc.
- You have an account in a recognised govt approved bank.
- Also, you have never taken credit/loan under govt scheme before.
Salient Features of the Jan Samarth
Here are salient features of the Jan Samarth:
- “Jan Samarth” offers a single-window submission system for 13 government credit-linked schemes, with 125+ Member Lending Institutions (including all Public Sector Banks) to choose from.
- In addition, the portal provides credit or loans under four loan categories: education, agriculture, business, and livelihood.
- The portal has listed 13 government schemes already.
- More will be added later in the upcoming months.
- The Jan Samarth Portal will check your eligibility, provide an in-principle approval, and send your application to the bank of your choice.
- It also keeps recipients informed at every step of the process, eliminating the need for multiple visits to bank branches.
- Faster loan processing would be ensured through real-time checks with
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT),
- Goods and Services Tax (GST),
- UDYAM, National E-Governance Services Ltd. (NeSL),
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI),
- CIBIL, and others.
Further features of the portal according to technology
Beneficiaries can check their subsidy eligibility using the Portal, which employs cutting-edge technology and smart analytics to provide straightforward information.
Also, The auto-suggestion algorithm suggests the best schemes based on the beneficiary’s needs and qualifications.
Advanced technologies use digital verifications to automate entire lending procedures, making the process simple, quick, and painless.
List Of Schemes Under Jan Samarth Portal
The portal consists of a total of 13 credit-linked government schemes in the domain such as education, agriculture, livelihood and business.
Following is the list of credit-linked Indian Govt Schemes:
- Three schemes are available for education loans:
- The Central Sector Interest Subsidy (CSIS)
- Padho Pardesh
- Dr Ambedkar’s Central Sector Scheme
- Three Schemes are Available for Agri-Infrastructure Loans:
- Agri Clinics and Agri-Business Centers Scheme (ACABC)
- Agricultural Marketing Infrastructure (AMI)
- and the Agriculture Infrastructure Fund (AIF).
- Six schemes are available for business activity loans:
- The Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
- Weaver Mudra Scheme (WMS)
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY)
- Pradhan Mantri Street Vendor Aatmanirbhar Nidhi Scheme (PM SVANidhi)
- Self-Employment Scheme for Rehabilitation of the Manual Scavengers (SRMS)
- Stand Up India Scheme
- One scheme is available for a livelihood loan:
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM)
List Of Banks Offer Credit for Jan Samarth
The above picture shows the list of banks that is supporting and offering credits in Jansamarth. Here we have listed these all banks:
- SBI Bank
- Bank Of Baroda-BOB
- Punjab National Bank
- Canara Bank
- Union Bank
- Bank Of India-BOI
- Central Bank Of India
- Bank Of Maharashtra
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Kotak Bank
- Axis bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- UCO Bank
How To Apply For Loan In Jan Samarth [step-by-step]
To get a loan in JanSamarth for education, business, agriculture or livelihood you must need to apply online through the portal.
In the application process for a loan in a credit-linked govt scheme you have to follow the following steps:
- Register To Jan Samarth.
- Login To Jan Samarth
- Select A Category For Loan
- Check Eligibility & Apply for recommended scheme
- Get Digital Approval: Fill In The Application Form, Submit It and Select A Bank Offer [select branch, IFSC and more]
- Finally, Download Your Application
Step1:Register To JanSamarth
- Firstly, go to the official website of JanSamarth Portal-jansamarth. in.
- On the homepage, you can see a Register button up-right.
- Click on Register Button.
- Now a page will open.
- In the form enter your 10-digit mobile number and Captcha Code.
- Click on Get OTP.
- Now after a moment, you will get an OTP.
- Enter that six-digit of OTP and Verify it.
- Now you have to also verify your email address as above you’ve verified for mobile.
- Finally verifying both Mobile and Email you will successfully be registered.
Step2: Login To JanSamarth
- After registering you have to log in to JanSamarth.
- To log in to it click on Login Button on the homepage.
- You will jump to the login page, here you have to enter;
- Registered Mobile Number or Email ID
- Captcha Code -as shown in the picture
- After entering both clicks on Login.
- You will successfully log in to JanSamarth and the complete website as Dashboard.
Step3: Select A Category For Loan
- Once you successfully registered and log in now you’ve to choose your Loan Category (Education, Agri, Livelihood or Business).
- Hope you’ve already figured out and finalised for which scheme you want to take a loan.
- Click on Check Eligibility to select the loan category.
- For preceding the application process I am going with Business Loan for an illustration.
- The application process for all categories may be almost the same, difference will occur in Loan details and application form details only.
Step4: Calculate Eligibility For Loan and Click on Apply Now
- Click on Check Eligibility to process applying for the scheme.
- When you will click on it you will jump to the eligibility page.
- Here you have to provide the following information by selecting provided options:
- Types of loan
- Your Basic Details: gender, education, social category, place
- Estimate the Loan that you want to take
- The amount that you will submit your ownself
- After submitting the above info click on Calculate Eligibility.
- The algorithm of Portal will find out the best-suited scheme according to your loan requirement.
- Also, you will get the information:
- Maximum Eligible Loan Amount,
- Monthly EMI @xy%
- Maximum Loan Tenure
- You have to click on Apply Now.
Step5: Get Digital Approval: Fill In The Application Form, Submit it and Select a Bank Offer
- This is one of the important steps that you must follow for getting the loan-digital approval.
- When you click on Apply Now you go to the Digital Approval page.
- Here you have to proceed with several steps (about 1o or more steps according to the scheme).
- These are the steps that you have to follow for Digital Approval:
- Aadhaar Authentication: provide UIDI number, Upload Aadhaar Image
- PAN Details: provide PAN number and upload a copy of it
- Provide Information Asked Under the scheme
- Bank Account Details
- Loan Details
- After providing all the information, in the last step, you have to submit the form.
- When you will submit the form your completed application will show a status of Complete in the dashboard.
- Now you have to proceed final submission. Click on Submit Application as shown above picture.
- Now you will jump to the Congratulation page where you have to move one further step- Select Bank Offers
- Here you can see a list of banks with their respective offers. Select your offer.
- When you will click on it, you’ve to choose Branch, IFSC etc.
- Finally, you will get the Digital Approval for Loan.
- Now you can also download your application.
Jan Samarth Related FAQs
Jan Samarth Portal is a national portal for credit-linked govt schemes. The portal connects citizens to these schemes for affordable loans. Using the portal one can easily apply for education, business and agri-infrastructure loans online without any extra hidden charges.
Credit-Linked Government Schemes are a kind of scheme that provides affordable, low-interest loans to citizens for education, agricultural infrastructure, business and livelihood.
There are about 13 government schemes that can provide you with a loan.
>Register To Jan Samarth.
>Login To Jan Samarth
>Select A Category For Loan
>Check Eligibility & Apply for recommended scheme
>Get Digital Approval: Fill In The Application Form, Submit It and Select A Bank Offer [select branch, IFSC and more]
>Finally, Download Your Application
In the conclusion, we have provided all the information about Jan Samarth Portal from the information, features, and also the application process for a loan step-by-step.
Now it is your turn- do share it with your friends. You can also share it with your whatsapp, Facebook or Twitter group.
When you share it, we get the motivation to make more content and it also supports us in getting financial support.