The Government of India has started Government e-Marketplace (GeM Online Registration) which is also famous as GeM.
Products from this online marketplace can be purchased/sold at any government office by all institutions, departments, and other public sectors.
Local service providers and vendors can register themselves on the official website of GeM and sell their products to these government authorities.
The portal was established in 2017 by the Finance Ministry of GoI. Today we will discuss complete information regarding the GeM and solve your queries such as:
- GeM Portal Registration?
- How to login on this website?
- New tenders on GeM
- GeM Product list
So you are suggested to read our article to get complete information.
Overview GeM Portal & Registration 2022-23
Various government departments and institutions and the government-supported department regularly by-products for their employees in the department.
This is an online platform where all these departments can purchase their desired goods in sufficient amounts.
It is a single platform where sellers and buyers can communicate and avail of various products from this website.
There is a total of 2,841,515 Products available on the website from different categories including Automobiles, computers, Medical Services, Office Supplies, two-wheeler, software for officers and other important IT and furniture-related products.
There are also special features for government offices, that they can not only purchase goods from this website but they can also bid on their Items on this website.
Benefits Of GeM Registration Online
The Government e-Marketplace (GeM) benefits both sellers and buyers. All individual sellers and companies can enroll themselves free of cost on this online portal.
We are providing you with some bullet points which will describe the benefits and the objective of this portal
- The platform is inviting Pan-level sellers to enrol themselves to sell their products through online mode.
- The registration is totally free of cost and also paperless. So it will be easy to enroll yourself as a seller.
- The portal will bring transparency between government institutions and sellers, as they cannot sell their products at high rates because there are various products available on the website which are providing their services at minimum cost.
- So the department can buy their products from other sellers which I am giving them a good discount.
- It will also reduce corruption in Government employees as they cannot prepare the bill for their products at a high rate because it is totally e online and electronic service.
- So they cannot reduce or increase the rate of the product in their bills.
- It is a single platform where all the electronic marketing will be monitored by government authorities,
- There is an integrated payment system, where you can pay your money online. the Payment procedures are safe and easy to use for all their uses
- The portal will increase the speed of your order and will deliver your order in a minimum of days to your workplace.
How To GeM Registration Online 2022-23
You can access this internet-based electronic market platform by using your user id and password. You can enroll or register yourself on this platform with two criteria.
- Register as a seller on GeM
- Register as a buyer on Gem
We will provide you by step by step registration procedure for both seller and buyer in the below section.
1. How Seller Can Register On GeM Portal
If you are a seller or want to sell any product on this portal then you have to create your account. It as a seller by following these simple steps;
- First of all visit the official website of the Government e-Marketplace.
- As there are many other fraudulent websites which are asking for money for registration.
- You can use this link to visit directly on this website. Visit mkp.gem.gov.in
- You can see various features on this website which have been mentioned in the above image, you have to click on the sign-up button.
- After that, you have to select seller sign-up.
- Now you will reach a new dashboard where you have to complete 3 steps in this registration procedure. which are the following:
Step1: Pre-required document for seller registration
First of all, you have to select your business type. you have to select any one from the following options:
- Trust/Society/Association of Persons
- Central Government/State Government
Now you can check all required documents for Seller Registration: You need to collect the following documents before applying online for registration:
- Aadhar card which is linked to your mobile number
- PAN card which is linked to your mobile number
- working email id of your Company.
- Business PAN card
- Bank account number and IFSC code
- Proof of your income tax return ( continuously three years income tax return proof)
- The registered address of your firm or company
- Udayam number of SME
- DIPP number for a startup
- GST number for interstate business.
After checking all the mentioned documents you have to click on the process button.
Step2: Read the Terms & Conditions
After clicking on the process button, you will redirect to the next step where you have to read all the descriptive terms and conditions for registering yourself as a seller on GeM.
After reading all the PDF documents you have to check the button I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions, and click on the proceed button.
Step3: Complete Registration Online
Now you have to provide the following details and verify them via uploading the necessary documents and OTP verification.
- Organization details: your business type will be selected previously, you have to enter only Your business name on the website.
- Personal verification: You have to verify yourself through your Aadhaar number for your PAN number. you can select anyone after that it you have to check the terms and conditions and click on the continue button.
- Email verification: Now enter your personal email ID or your business email, and the website will send a one-time password which has to fill on the website to verify your email address.
- User credential: Hey you have to enter the details of your business type and enter your certificate numbers of documents and other details.
Finally, you have completed the process of registration. Now you can easily log in to GeM Portal.
2. How Buyer Can Register On GeM Portal
Only primary and secondary users can use this portal as buyers where they can be
- Deputy Secretary or above of the Central Government Ministry, Government of India.
- Head of the Office at Sub Centre / Unit / Branch of Government Organization/ PSU / Autonomous Bodies / Local Bodies / Constitution Bodies / Statutory Bodies.
- Director / Equivalent Officer
They can register themselves on the behalf of their department by following this step-by-step procedure for registration:
- You need to visit the official website of the Government e-Marketplace and click on the sign-up button for buyers.
- After that, you have to read the following guidelines before applying for the registration procedure. Download Guidelines
Step1: Enter your Aadhaar and Mobile Number
- Now you can proceed to the registration procedure by clicking and checking the terms and conditions of the website.
- After that, you have to verify yourself through your Aadhar card and your mobile number which is linked to your Aadhar card.
Step2: Registration Process Via Email ID
- Where you have to enter the official email ID of your workplace which is created by NIC.
- In case you didn’t have this email id you can not apply firstly you have to apply in NIC for your official email ID of the workplace.
- After that enter the name of your department, Ministry, designation and other details on the website.
- After completing the procedure you will be asked to create your username and unique password for signing in to this portal.
Step3: Primary User Profile Updation
- In this section, you have to enter your office details such as an address, pin code, Phone number, website of your official department and other details
- After that enter the banking details of your department such as PFMS code, IFSC code and other banking details.
- Now enter your employment ID.
- After this your information will be sent to the authority which will verify your candidature and revert the mail with the verification link. you have to click on the link on your email id and verify yourself.
Step4: Invite secondary user through email ID
All the selected Users by the department for the secondary users in this portal will get a verification link on their personal email IDs
Secondary users will activate their ID by clicking on the link in the email. After this, they will get an OTP message in their email which they have to fill out on the website for verification purposes.
Step5: Secondary User Profile Updation
The portal will automatically save the employment ID of the User and the name of the department.
You have to enter only your new user id and password for the secondary user profile.
Step 6: Secondary User Registration
This is the last step for registration where you have to complete your profile.
After that, you have to Enter the complete address of your departments such as building name, Street, district, state, pin code and other details.
So you can complete your registration details in Government e-Marketplace by following the above-mentioned simple steps.